This is the new forum - It's getting hammered. PROBLEMS?

How do we get to posts that have replied to ours?

why do we have to post more than 10 character’s to reply to any thread?

Must be a forum default.

A good one at that :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes! finally it will eradicate “cool bike” being 8 characters and all. but what about “cool bicycle”? :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe it will have to be changed to 100, in order to encourage deep, philosophical, discussion.

touche, after all thats what we’re here for right?

Is it just me, or is there no delete message(s) button when viewing my PMs inbox?
So, while I can tick the messages off that I’d like to delete, I can’t actually find a button or link to delete them unless I view each message individually and then delete.

Select all of them. Then scroll down and on the right hand side a bunch of options can drop down from the ‘selected message’ tab which will be just below your messages. Hit that then select ‘delete all selected’. Then hit Proceed.

i was a junior member… i reset my password and changed my profile pics and now im a muppet, i thought i was going up in the world?

Life’s a tough gig, eh!? Don’t worry, you’ll become a ‘hipster’ after 30 high quality posts consisting of original ideas, concepts and mind blowing creativity. Welcome to the new forum.

The forums seem to load a lot faster today than yest.

sure is…! mmm a Hipster, i’ll get to work right away!

Yes, the server was upgraded & tweaked to handle the load…

Is it possible to “Mark as Read” all my PMs at once?

And I think this was mentioned before, but can you delete multiple PMs at once?

Yes, select the top right checkbox when you are inside your PM area - All messages onscreen will be selected. Then scroll to the bottom of the messages area, and there on the right will be a box that will let you mark all as read, or delete.

You can also display messages by date. So, I guess you could find all messages within a date range and then do as above.

nick.

Quick reply! Yes!

Just one small suggestion; when there is a thread with a lot of pages it used to say ‘Thread title (page 1, 2, 3… 4, 5)’ whereas now it says ‘Thread title (page 1, 2, 3… 5)’. I found it very handy to be able to jump to the second-last page to see the last couple of posts.

Also I’m sure you don’t care but the whole site looks like shit on IE6, which is unfortunately all I can use at work. Looks great on a proper browser though.

Edit: and quick edit. ahh.

Not sure I can fix the second-last-page issue… And as for IE6… God, I hate to think what it looks like in IE6… An absolute mess I’m sure. I can’t really justify spending time on fixing that though, unless there is a CSS zen master out there who hates themselves and is good at retrofitting sites for IE6…

If you can’t install a real browser on your work machine you can use portable versions of either Firefox or Opera and run them from a flash drive. Unless those fascists have disabled USB ports too.

name changed…soo quickly…brilliant…thanks

The sooner people stop hacking code to work for IE6 the sooner people will (hopefully) move on to a “proper” browser like Firefox. Think of all the extra good coders could have achieved in this world if they stopped supporting IE6 when they should have…

My only one real dislike about the new set-up here is that I am now getting all of my subscription updates all at once at the end of the day. I liked the old set-up with the updates throughout the day, so I don’t have to be glued to the forum clicking the refresh button to fulfill my lurker needs.