Today's Melbourne Leader

You should chill the fuck out. hows that sound?

Some people like what you like, some people dont. Deal with it.

Its a skid comp not the world track champs muppet boy.

(BTW i did go to skid vicious, had a good day, even did a skid.)

WOW, shit always blows up when I’m not here. I used to think it was the other way around.

Everyone take a deep breath. I love suspending people for no reason :mrgreen:

I can think of one :cry:

Do you mean me or Cellardoor?

If me, im finished

Nah i was thinking george for breaking the flow of hate :smiley: all good.

Each to their own on alley cats, though not my thing.

I take the view that riding brakeless is fine - I even used to do it before broken leg (hockey not bike related) if your skilled enough to handle it. But irrespective of skill you need to ask yourself do other people deserve to be placed in potential harm through your risk taking??

The Plod are already cracking down and if someone riding brakeless takes out some little old lady there will be hell and vitriol for us all.

Take care kids, as already has been said if it saves you once…

Shortsie and Cellardoor, I apologise for being persnickety. :oops: I blame this Internet Hate Machine. Hope we can have a drink sometime and compare track inches :slight_smile:

The only point I was trying to make is that if people actually invest some time in learning how to ride their bike, then hopefully they’ll be less likely to bin it or ‘wtf I can’t stop’ through red lights, which has been reported in other threads.

Cats and comps are one way to up the skill level and improve the collective gene pool, and they’re good for the kultur, or something. As pointed out by others here, of course they’re not mandatory. Can’t say how well this theory stands with an ‘all noobs welcome’ brakeless event - hope it doesn’t improve teh gene pool in the traditional sense.

I was thinking the other day, on the subject of les gendarmes, what kind of bikes should the bike cops be riding? And if we could trick them out with new uniforms, what would they look like?

I’d do away with the pepper spray, tele-truncheon and the notebook, they can keep the two-way, maybe put the glock in a calf holster (^_^) and give 'em little cop cycling caps with the checkered pattern in reflective… if all they did was ride around all day issuing warnings etc that’d be awesome. And if they had to, they could cuff your ride to a pole and tell you to walk instead of issuing a fine or arresting you. “No bike for you! One month!”.

PS the internet isn’t a truck, it’s a series of tubes: seat tube, down tube, top tube, head tube, inner tubes …