Tour De France 2009 [May contain traces of SPOILERS!]

i’ve always been a fan, though i always supported Jan when they raced each other. when you see armstrong tear up a mountail, in the lead, in the yellow jersey, it’s obvious he’s pretty awesome

Yeah totally. I never hated him, and have always been in awe of him. But this year I am actually hoping he wins, whereas every other time he’s won I was hoping he wouldn’t haha.

Boonan just can’t stay away from those pesky white lines ey…

Thanks gypo :wink:

I had absolutely no faith in Armstrong prior to stage 3, and have never liked him in the past (tall poppy syndrome I guess). But when it comes down to it, he’s a pretty exciting cyclist. Sure, his major strength has always come in the TTs, but he’s not afraid to get in a breakaway, do a lot of work at the front of the bunch or win a mountain stage or two. Most yellow jersey holders aren’t willing to do most of that. Granted he’s always had an amazing team behind him too.

Armstrong was always good at time trials, but he was never like Miguel Indurain who was the kind of rider that would just hang in there and retain the yellow when it came to a time trial stage. Armstrong has won a lot of stages in the mountains, remember all those battles with ulrich when he would just wait and see what Jan was going to do and then leave him for dead when he had nothing left. Like him or hate him he is an awesome all round cyclist

Going to be on again tonite, getting into some climbs now. I wonder how many casualties there were from yesterday. I went to bed as soon as it finished and didnt listen to the wrap up or anything. Mickey Rogers looked like he was in some pain after his played slippery slide on the wet road with haussler.

GOLD!

Thats really cool. Great idea. Gotta cringe though when a company like nike get behind something like this. Nike advertising gurus will be wetting themselves. At least Lance is sincere.

By the way, for anyone who hasn’t seen it, Cadel is posting his comments from each stage on his website.

www.cadelevans.com.au

Go to “the tour” section

Sounds like he might have a bit of a go tonight.

So are these yellow messages visible when I’m watching tele?

probably. chances of actually seeing one of your on text messages on tv are pretty low though.
the original idea was ripped or bought from some artists who designed a remote controlled car with spraycan array i believe, can’t remeber their name, but it was a couple of years ago. interesting how such a seemingly useless idea actually managed to end up being used for something where it seems like a perfect fit. though it really should be some kind of recumbent tandem or something, instead of a van.

or “POP IT UP!” like Robbie…

Man I love the mountain stages! Just wish I could reach into the TV and punch out some of those pushy spectators :roll:

Check out Matthew Lloyd’s video on the sbs site. And we all though Cadel was bad with the media! Not a happy camper.

http://tdf.sbs.com.au/tdf2009/

I’m not having a go :slight_smile: but there’s a difference between a bad interview and saying bad things in an interview. Cadel is a freak show on camera regardless of what is coming out of his mouth. Llloyd is just pissed off, but still interviews well considering the circumstances. Although give me an interview with Jens Voigt any day!

On another note I can’t believe how much the tour let themselves get stomped on by Astana last night. Hats off to Cadel for having the courage to attack in the final kms. Everyone knew he wouldn’t get away but someone had to challenge Astana’s absolute control of that field. All credit then to Contador for his massive counter attack, man that guy rode out of that bunch like a bullet. Tonight will be very interesting.

On another note I can’t believe how much the tour let themselves get stomped on by Astana

Did you not watch the tour in the days of US Postal & Discovery?

Yeah, for sure. Having a camera in your face after that must be tough. However, there would be no high profile sports person who could get away with swearing in a post-event interview.

Well the photographers seem to be worse haha I think it was when boOnan got a flat one of the little suckers jumped out infront of him and his mechanic had a good ol’ go at him.

Yeah saw that one. The mechanic had a go at the stupid photographer with the wheel he’d just taken off the bike.

are you kidding? i thought this was an awesome interview. good and honest - he was pissed off and it showed. more insight there than in a thousand lance interviews.

anyone here phill reefer to the bayside banditos? OH YEH!
:mrgreen: