Tour De France 2009 [May contain traces of SPOILERS!]

I think they have flat coke in the small cans. Matt (Heatseeker) would prob know. I think that Liggett was saying the other night they eat more solid stuff in the first part of the race and bars, gels etc in the second half.

I’ve been doing what I’ve done for the last three years - tape the tour at night and get up a 5am watch it until 7ish and finish off the rest in the evening unless I fastforward the less interesting bits in the morning. Occasionally ride on the rollers while I watch.

Gets me through the 3 weeks no probs.

SW

Good video for the behind the scenes on what they eat.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/13072009/58/s-musette.html

So far no doping charges,do you think it will happen? if so,who? place your bets!

So far no doping charges,do you think it will happen? if so,who? place your bets!

Boonen hasnt done much so far. Maybe he has had a few big nights out on the town! :smiley:

Someone had to say it

It’s just a standard Euro can of Coke, you can’t beat it for a boost. You get to a stage racing over these distances that it gets hard to eat solid food after a while. Most musettes will have a standard resupply of bars and gels, jam tarts and a can of Coke or two. You don’t seem to see many biddons in their feed bags (except breakaway riders) which does make them easier to collect. It’s extremely hard to grab a bag at 40km/h if it weighs nearly 4kgs without getting ripped off the bike.

Katusha will be the first team busted.

dodgy ruskies.

First rider busted will be a stage winner. which one im not sure yet

Another tour held before Le Tour…

leipheimer is out. broken wrist. The damage. Sucks..

sorenson from last night looked a little too strong…

go haussler

+1

WTF? - Riders getting shot with an air rifle?

Bloody French hicks…

• a lot more.

Caught the highlights of him crossing the line smorn, what a champ!!! Very well deserved victory. :smiley:

• even more

He smashed that descent. Chavanel had nothing on him.

Badger

legend! looks pretty fit too. Looks to have a solid grip on 'im.

All over now…

I’ve been cheering for Lance the whole time with the honest belief that he could win it but Contador’s climb last night but those hopes to bed. Bloody fast up those hills.

while i believe its AC’s race to lose now, the battle for the other podium spots (as well as the final day battle for green) combined with a final week born out of hell will make for some great viewing this week.

astana can (and will) control the breaks but with 3 (or more) other teams all wanting to get up in the top 3 its going to be a busy week.

So Lance is Alberto’s little bitch now eh? :evil: