Touring bikes.

Marin have come to the party too, $1100 USD. Probably won’t see it in Australia, but good to see nice inexpensive touring bikes being made again. +1 on the Konas Sutra/Rove, they sorted out some issues, and +1 on Trek 520s.

Wow, lots of growth in this market eh.

yeah, this trek 520 disc

http://melbournebicyclecentre.com/bikes/road-bikes/product/954-trek-520-tourer
have seen for sale for $1200

and I think the 920 has a aluminium fork which is a bit shit

thanks heaps for the responses.
im pretty keen for the loaded up long distance rides on sealed roads.
not much of a mud slog type of guy. sounds fun but nope.
i was thinking of getting into it more and more lately, then i watched this

MELONS, TRUCKS & ANGRY DOGS: GOING AWOL ON THE TRANSCONTINENTAL RACE - YouTube

and was like… yup, im hooked. riding and camping and riding and camping and riding seems oh so rad.

im trying out a friends Surley Long haul trucker this weekend to get a feel of them.

Make sure to hook up all the associated gear too!
I just ordered one of these for all my cool go yonder bike pack wide cassette enduro camp nature vibe trips that I will definitely go on in the future 100% for sure.

Make sure you try it out loaded dude!

I don’t have much experience here, but I was scoping these out at work today, new Diverge and Awol models for 2016, prices jumped a bit which sucks, but for more road focused touring the diverge might be good, awol is specd with 1.9" tyres, so bulk clearance for fenders and 35C tyres

I have no idea why they would spec side exit brifters and a front rack setup though

The future is now LMNTM.

I can feel the SOBP coming on.

You could well be right Alex.

The elephant in the room though: what bike will you be riding?

Oh that’s good…

God, the wait is killing me. I, quite literally, have everything ready to go apart from the damn frame/fork/rack.

Future me:

Shotgun!

George Orwell already did that one Harry.

What size are you looking for?

Man I really regret not ordering an elephant, compared to what else is out there / coming it is muy bueno

The small/large/Xlarge batch is still a few months to completion, but after that he’s going to be making batches then just selling them once done. Probably won’t be to this point until next year though.
There will be more of this style bike coming along though. VO are apparently doing a disc allroad/rando, and Rawland will probably end up making the Ravn into an NFE wannabe.

Wolverine framesets now available on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Soma-Wolverine-Cyclocross-and-Touring-Steel-Disc-Brake-Frameset-56cm-Orange-/111723455633?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1a033ca491

A shade over $900 delivered.

Wolverines are long & low. 'Phant looks a better geo.
I’m running 40mm of spacers on mine.