Trading Rules Changed

Diddy,

1. We’re not robots online all the time. As above, if it hasn’t been approved in 24 hours, send a PM. If you need to move it fast, put it on ebay with a 1-3 day auction or a low buy it now price.

2. If you’re mainly here for the sweet deals… well, sorry, I don’t care. Is it so hard to click to the for sale forum and have a look at what’s there?

3. There will be less threads, very few replies, less clutter, so you will be able to scan faster.

4. See (2). You come across as a hustler, wanting to snap up the deals when they’re posted and sell things fast. That’s not what it’s about.

I find it disappointing when a response comes as a bit of a smack down. I had intended my post to be one of general feedback on the new change – feedback that would be considered, rather than attacked.

As for how you view what the site is about, that is fine, I don’t dispute it.

I do however think the feedback about higlighting and “new post” notification is fair to raise. I’m sorry if what I said comes across as being a “hustler”; that is not what I intended. What I did intend to raise is a general perception of efficiency in browsing and using the site. I don’t open all sections and read everything, but look for what is new. Particularly because I browse in short moments while at work, or during a break. If you think this change is warranted, given how you want to regulate sale posts, that is fine. But it’s feedback that is fairly raised in my opinion.

I’m not trying to drop a ‘smackdown’, but your ‘feedback’ came across as a whole lot of whining about how difficult it is for you to spot new posts and buy up parts before other people see them, and also sell things quickly. That’s not general feedback, that’s a gripe about not being able to take advantage of deals and make money. If that wasn’t your intention, I accept that.

I miss ‘latest posts’ too, the ‘what’s new’ isn’t nearly as good.

Keep in mind that we’re still learning the software too, notifications, filtering, access etc is just as much a mystery to us and we’re trying things in the background to make the experience better for everyone. We all have real jobs & lives and can’t devote huge amounts of time to moderating, approving, editing etc. 25 posts to trading access didn’t work, but we had to try something. Now we’re trying plan b. Likewise the old way of anyone posting anything in the trading forums wasn’t working (in an overarching sense, not just from the sellers POV), so we’ve changed the way things are done.

Bikeforums make you pay if you want to sell items, would you be ok with that? We haven’t taken that approach yet, but it may happen. Likewise, closing down the trading forums all together is another option.

Why don’t you just allow posts to happen and delete what doesn’t meet the criteria?
If a bad sales post is up for a few days and you need to delete it, big whoop. Seems much better than a great item for sale being delayed for days.

… and If you need more admins around on weekends, I’m offering my services.