Victorian Cyclocross Open.

I just noticed i have EPIC play in my front hub. Would explain the rattling that started up around 40 minutes in.

Great race! Shame not to see as many hecklers but, with the weather as it was, i guess that’s too be expected.

The organisers of DDCX should be proud! Only with you guys has it been possible to have an open. Right on.

I won’t say I can’t wait till next year (cos I can, it’ll be nice to have a break) but i have ideas to make me go faster next year.

Great directions mate, timed it perfectly, arrived <10 minutes before the start of the race.

I had fun at this event, the course was fast, fun, and easy going. No real dreaded portions (like the infield at the last DDCX race), but all in all it as a good event. The hecklers were calling me Cippo because of my throwback to Acqua & Sapone…

now that’s some quality heckling!

i had so much fun today, and didn’t get tired during the B’Grade after my mid-pack finish (3rd from 6) in the Open… maybe i’ll have to race the cross 'burn that’s down at Willi(?) later this month and try and burn myself out.

oh, and Good Work Fungus!

Throw back? They’re still racing and doing well! You rode well, Cippo!

For my first CX race not racing and just getting drunk and rowdy, I had a bloody good time. Certainly a lot more fun than suffering through a race (not really).

Well done to all the FOA guys/girls racing. Apologies for any misguided heckles!

Heckle of the day: Calling the O’mara cycles guys in B grade ‘Sandbagger’ after another bloke had stopped during the warm up to tell us they were gun road riders and shouldn’t be riding in B grade. The taddle-tale then received the name ‘Snitch’. Half way through the race the O’mara cycles guy cracked it after being called ‘Sandbagger’ 11 times and gave us the finger, so we had to change up. His new name: “Sense of humour”. Finally he came around and gave us a few smirks.

They were a friendly bunch… I don’t think they were drinking enough.

Riding every weekend makes drinking hard these days.

95% of people were smiling when they rode past (including the a grade winner doing it easy). The other 5% looked so far in the pain locker to care what anyone was saying.

Great effort to all, looked like a hard old slogfest. Massive respect to you all but have to say well done gene - the only person racing ss in A, on a course that didn’t do him any favours and he finished strong. Awesome.

Shattered I didn’t end up going today.
Decided I would enjoy being at the MCG watching Essendon destroy Carlton for some stupid reason…

Angry was riding SS. But still, kudos to both Gene and Angry for fighting all the way on a course that didn’t suit the skinny guy or SS.

that guy also had a special name for me at the end of the race, after i’d referred to him as “teabagger” for the whole 45 minutes.

man i was soooo under geared, i just couldnt spin fast enough
i road the first half of the race in the wind by myself battleing with one dude in blue and white CCCC kit, in the end i sucked james wheel hard ang got past him again, pretty sure i would of been in the bottom 5 of the riders that finished the race though.

i’d love to say it was a fun day, but as soon as i started racing that all went away, thanks to all the crew who helped organise this
and massive thanks to the hecklers, who were a bunch of good fun.

plus 1 hour is way tooo long

results:

Your-Sports.com : : Southern Crossed (Victorian Cyclocross Open)

The jokes didn’t go down too well w the o’mara guys. Rearview, you should’ve intro’d yrself, nice to put kit to the forum name anyway!
And Gene, yep, an hour is way too long for all involved I think

hey, apparently our very own FJ set the fastest lap, at 2:06… a good 17 seconds faster than casey munro’s fastest at 2:21.

jeez, FJ… that’s not bad!

Hamishf I didn’t get to met you today - where were you?

The o’mara guy coming second seriously gotshitty at one point, but definitely did lighten up and give us a grin later on. Like my pa used to say, the only names that stick are those that get a reaction!
James - that is amazing

I was the guy on the microphone who wasn’t Brendan

Will just watch late line and you’ll recognize him!

FUCK YEAH NOT LAST!!!

Wait, Cipo was rearviewmirror? You said you were gonna say hi Anthony! And you did NOT!

He seemed to lighten up when we started calling him ‘sense of humour’.

Where did you guys pull ‘teabagger’ from?

sandbagger = teabagger

strava
Bike Ride Profile | Cycle-sport Victoria Cyclocross state champs near Thornbury | Times and Records | Strava