Victorian Cyclocross Open.

I’m in. The sole SA rep :frowning:

what? did we scare off the others?

this just in - cycling victoria silent on the “gambling in cyclocross” issue.

Clashes with the only 2-day stage tour open we have in SA… and travelling to Melbourne during footy finals as I have discovered costs a small fortune… just dropped $700 on airfares to get there!

Dunno what its like in the city but it was/is raining heavily out in the deep east.

On/off showers for today and tomorrow (thats it thanks!) will make it more entertaining for all and sundry.

pascoe copped it this morning, will get a report from my bro in fairfield when i see him tonite, then i’ll ride it satday morning to see the squishiness and slide factor out there. will be taking 3 chainrings and 2 freewheels with me on sunday just incase.

Will there be fun atmosphere? Available food? I’ll be coming along, umbrella, raincoat, hat, gloves, all that. And a cheery voice.

Scared to race the new CX bike?

oh, no, not at all…i’m racing the open on the SSCX and the b-grade on the new machine.

scouting on the new machine saturday as well, see what kinda works on the grass/sludge.

i’ve even got a two-race outfit organised.

Oh, sweet!

Don’t open and B-grade run back to back? That’s going to be one hell of an effort with the 45 minute race times.

indeed they do…i’m expecting to finish bottom 10 each time, but it’s gonna be a blast. i might even get 10 mins break between them if i’m lucky and have the leader pass me just before the bell lap.

with you there? of course!

I’ll be bringing a kazoo and beer. :slight_smile:

Can anyone suggest a decent (read:safe) route up to the races from the Cap City Trail near Rushall Station? I’ll be riding from Maribyrnong, I’ll follow the Park St to Rushall but I’m not sure which route to take north to the venue. Thx

Bke path, Merri pde/westgarth St, south Cr, victoria rd, darebin rd, done.

Thanks!

What a day for it.

my feet are cold, and i haven’t left the house yet. gonna be AWESOME!

I’ll probably get there about 2, ok friends?