Warburton Cycle Fest

you might win some sweet prizes as i dont know how many other people will be there!
alternately there is likely to be some very humorous moments as we navigate the CX course. (yes, ‘we’ as Brendan cant ride offroad without crashing)

I’m coming! If I can find a bike capable of going offroad I might do the CX event and crash too!

sigh. too true.

Benzy has offered me a lift but he can’t fit my bike. Should i drive and just heckle? Or ride and do the CX race already tired, crash a bit, then ride home?

cant you ‘borrow’ a bike rack from your work (or someone there)?

otherwise, use the ride out as a warm-up… you might be able to snag a ride home from someone (or at least ride to lilydale) and PT it home.

you can borrow my SIDIs. 45 from memory.

Good day! Well done to Nikcee for racing, withstanding the heckling, all with a big grin. Also, nice teeth Benzy.

no fixies! not one!

Cyclocross - so much fun it hurts. :wink:

Course included (in no specific order) - a school playground (with sandpit, monkey bars -squeeze through and hop the steps, hurdles), kids inflatble swiiming ppols filled with thick red mud, a wooden pedestrian bridge with 2 very tight turns, muddy single track, a section of shoe-deep mud/mown grass mix, a stupid painful ~700m road hillclimb, gravelly path, staired descent down a tight, muddy hiking path, a retirement village path with a chicken coop and a rockfilled knee-deep river crossing.

a botched start and 2 ‘slippery bridge’ bobbles and crap river crossings kept me in the mid-pack.

many many thanks to the hecklers who came out.

and congrats to brendan for getting second in the mini-bike 4X behind an 8year old (and in front of two 6 years olds). :cool:

highlight of the day.

that sounds awesome.

i fucking smashed them!

Anyone get any photos of the CX race?

Bummed I couldn’t go to this but my excuse was good…

SW

there were a bunch of photographers. apparently there are links from the fest site.

Some pics are already up on the site:
http://www.warburtoncyclefest.com.au/p/photos.html

Some pics:

PICS