Watch this space!!! Cicli Spirito!!

So a couple of weeks ago I finally picked up keys and am in the process of building my own workshop: Cicli Spirito. So keen, so much work to do but I finally have the chance to make this happen. St Leonards … It’s not 100% set in stone but I’m working towards having it finished in a few weeks. Let’s say keep Saturday arvo on the 13th of September free … I’ll put a flyer up when it’s confirmed and you’re all invited.

Lucky to have Bob check over the lights/power and add some more power points for me. Been playing around with self made limewash. It’s traditionally a finish for bricks/mortar/stone etc but I’ve added PVA glue and have been layering it up to achieve a rustic/patina finish over the mix of painted walls, gyprock & ceiling panels. Mrs. Spirito’s laughing at how 80’s it is … Maybe I should call it Spirito’s Curry House !!!

Anyway, I’ll post pics as it happens. Working on some things with acrylic sheets. I’m there everyday so if you wanna swing past, offer a hand or have mad skills or are a sign writer shoot me an email … cicli.spirito@gmail.com

More pics … oh yeah, any chippies or carpenters who can do work this week holla at me !!! I gotz a door to move (frames all there), a new door to hang … i’d say about half a days work or so.

Fucking wogs… concrete here, bricks there. Bit of rendor here… Have you got your lion statues for out the front? Haha

On a more serious note congratulations brother! So excited for you and can’t wait to visit.

Thanks bro … we’ll have a skidz contest in the laneway after drinking too much coffee & grappa !!!

Hell yes Ben! This is good news - I was starting to wonder how it was all going for you.

One thing though. Whats that hole in the wall for? Looks suss.

Once it is all opened, I will come up and share some beers!

Thanks Liam … hole in the wall was there?? Leaving it and will see what I can come up with (gun turret ??).
It took a little while to happen/get off the ground but yeah … finally relieved it’s come to fruition.
Maybe I’ll have to organize a mini-bus for you Canberra’ns for the opening party :wink: (bring a tent)

Radicals!

Congrats Papabear.
I love this build and fit out bit of starting a new business…

use the hole for a aardman/wallace and grommit style periscope?

I’ll pop by one lunchtime - you’re just down the road from me and a couple of doors away from Familyguy!

i need an excuse to visit sydney again…

How good is that!

Looking good mate I’ll be in syd at Xmas I think so I will have to come visit

Congratulations! This is so great.

I’m outta town on the 13th of September, but I’ll be sure to drop in some other time.

What they all said.

This is choice.

Most importantly, where is the coffee machine going?

Congrats Ben, it’s looking great.

Edit: I have a feeling my road trip in October is going to be MEL/CBR/SYD now :wink:

lol I laughed out loud

Congrats Uncle Spirito, this is awesome, I’d love to come visit and annoy you.

This is great!

“Cicli Spirito: Where Every Bike Comes Out Mustard.”

Seriously though, this is rad.

Everyone’s welcome. I want it to be part club house, and a place where people’s dream bikes happen. It’s not a retail shop per se … just me, all my tools, some inspiration and I’m totally independent meaning the customer can truly spec their bike and I hope to advise what will work best. Most of all if it can’t be done or if I think your throwing good money after bad I’ll say so without fear of losing a sale. Basic fittings, wheels built, assembly, service & repairs & hand built frames but they’ll be a slow burner and all one off’s.

And yes, there will be a coffee machine. I hoping there’s room for such a place in Sydney. I know how much people obsess (as I do) and are involved with their bikes & I share that love, treat them like my own and make sure excitement doesn’t go awry. I just wanna do good things … whether old or new, your dream build is safe with me :wink:

I’m just bummed that my wheel build was invoice #0002

Speaking of which, when I manage to sell some stuff I’ll be getting you to build a dynamo into my front wheel. Did some calcs and the spokes are the right length for 2x to a SP hub.

Will be a good excuse to come visit and hang around. Hope you’ve got a fridge, cos I will bring beer.