WCP and the Canberra exploration

Hotel Hotel booked for Saturday night. Accom sorted for the other nights. Any recommendations for Accom in Jindabyne?

Who’s keen on dinner/beers? Preference for Friday night less formal vs Saturday night more formal with Lauren vs both?

Can’t give any recom for Jindy accom.

As for Fri/Sat I’ll probably be able to do both. It it suits, I’d say let’s start with beers on Friday at the Wig and Pen so I can hop, skip and jump there from my office.

Awesome with Hotel Hotel - that place has a really good vibe and some really cool architecture. I am keen for a less formal dinner! Do you have any diet requirements that I should know about before spitting out suggestions?

Jindy is a bit of a hard one for me to suggest - because every time I am there it is during ski season and I am penny skimping. They do have a Rydges there, but in all honesty - Jindy isn’t that nice, its the access to the snowy mountains which is the best thing about it. If you are flush, I would skip staying in Jindabyne and head up to Lake Crackenback Resort, or even Thredbo instead.

For my trip down to Victoria, I have been using http://booking.com/ to get most of my accommodation, and I used this site often when in the states and canada. Prices are good, reviews are good. Check them out to see what you can get down in Jindy! Feel free to run them past me so I can tell you if they are near the action or not down there… there isn’t much action

Seb, don’t make me ask you to prove this.

Cool cool. Lauren’s just keen to check out Jindy. Something about Paul Kelly. Will look around more.

I’m vegetarian. Still getting used to it. I like standard beer and good wine.

Annabelle and I are in for Saturday. I might be able to get a leave pass for Friday too

crosses smoque off the list

There is a movie called Jindabyne, I didn’t like it.

It does feature a scene just outside of the Kambah Tavern (The suburb I live in).

Pizza Gusto on Friday or Saturday? Choices abound for everyone, and cheap, good selection of beers and wine next door.

Sounds good for Friday.

I’d say my gf will be to her ears in the budget then so I should be able to make a rare appearance. Keen on a decent catch up with the Canberra crowd and to meet some new faces.

Yeah, it’s based on the Paul Kelly song “Everything’s turning to white”. He wrote the theme music I think, and helped produce it. I kinda liked the movie, I just didn’t like the end focusing on the creep rather than the humanity of the fishermen.

Hi ppl.
SO what are we thinking for dinner on Saturday?
Annabelle and I love the Green Herring. It’s super cosy and cottagey, the service is the best I’ve had, and the food is great. Only con is it’s about 15km from the city.
Also a great one is Boffins at ANU. Also cosy, great service and amazing food and wine. Is close for Pete and Lauren, and central for the rest of us.

I’m happy to follow the advice of you all. I like the idea of walking back to Hotel Hotel afterwards, but not fixed on that. Happy to cab it back if it’s worth it, which it sounds like it is.

And Friday; Pizza Gusto? Again, happy to defer to you guys. I’m staying with Keith. Beers and cheap food and a bit of raucousness are what I imagine. Any Karaoke?

I think Seb is contemplating a BBQ at his place. I’ll let him confirm/deny.

Hey dudes - I might be out for Saturday, reason being… moving house. Blurgh.

For Sat night I’d also recommend Monster but we should book. Then P & L can just levitate to their room. Happy to try the Green Herring too.

If we want some raucousness on Fri then the Phoenix is a good one. We could also do a good old pub crawl on bikes. Cheap food options will be plenty then (Pizza Gusto, Mandalay bus, Burmese curry place, Chinese dumpling place in Uni Ave, etc).

Ezy: bummer!

This would be awesome. It would be good to show Pete establishments like Molly and Hippo as well.

Pete, there is a little bar downstairs in A.Baker which you should check out with your lovely wife on Saturday night - small and intimate, but some thing it is also a little sterile. Get a drink and make your own choice. You can also have a drink in the foyer of your hotel which is nice as they will have the gas fireplace going. it’s really cosy. Also parlour should be good for a drink - all within a stones throw of Hotel Hotel.

Very keen for Friday. Sab will probably also be there. Doubt I/we can make Saturday, but can offer tips.

We’ll let them know when we’re paying that the tips are on you…

Gusto don’t take tips, conveniently.