What is bike shit worth these days, if anything

the catalyst is brewing.

1 Like

actually want track stuff for my triumphant return

1 Like

BookFace marketplace is new to me as of a few weeks ago. See some stupid listings (eg. 1997 Giant, RRP $2000, yours for $1500). But seems to be even easier for people than gumtree etc, so more stuff getting listed/sold. In between housing though, so have to keep my eyes off most bike shit for now. Hoping all the covid19 bicycles start getting listed right after I have a house with garage to put stuff in.

FB Marketplace has really taken off. Just be ready to field a thousand lowball offers and sob stories. I had a set of wheels listed for $40 and got about 15 messages saying “I am only humble student pls sell to me for 25”.

Prices seem to have dropped off for ‘good’ stuff, but risen for mid-range stuff, probably as people resurrect bikes during The Covid. Waiting for the next Sydney show/swap meet to take some stuff and hopefully move the mid to upper end bits for cash.

I have sold some fixie gear on Facebook recently - went like hotcakes. I even had some kid on a brakeless track bike come and pick up some parts. When I attempted to talk about the fixed gear bicycles I’ve had over the years he gave me that same look I get from my daughter when I start talking about my childhood – not cool dad.

3 Likes

FB Market place has killed eBay for second hand bike stuff (and most other things tbh). These days eBay feels more like AliExpress.

It’s a buyer’s market on FB tho.
Good if you are building. Shit if you are selling.

if the fixie revival is on its way, not sure if it will welcome us back into the fold…

terrifyinggggggggggg

hahahahahahah that is sooooo good. reminds me of classic A. Bird fixie.

I thought the trend was massive wide bars now? probs a good sign they have gone narrow.

OU RY
                     

Darla a$ fuck…

Haterz will say it’s photoshopped…

Lolz. Who needs bars… Why not just lo-pro that shit and slide your ourys onto the fork!