What tyre do you use and why?

Worst…road…tyre…ever

what’s wrong with them? other than a lame name?
i’ve had no problems. i ride every day, and the only flat i’ve had for months was when i’d worn one right down to the threads.

then again i haven’t tried many others. am i missing out on some amazing qualities i don’t know about?

i agree, iv heard soo many people bagging out the detonators…

the wire bead ones i used were GREAT, lasted ages, felt pretty sticky but stil lgodo for skidding, however the fold-able ones i tried were utter shit and hardly lasted a few weeks…

Their name is their best attribute!

Seriously, they don’t have any puncture protection and the rubber profile is not very thick. They are just a cheap ass tyre you’ll find on a bottom end Avanti road bike in a bike shop. :expressionless:

But you don’t seem to have any problems with them so count yourself lucky!

i ran some 28mm detonators for a while, i was getting 3 or 4 flats a month, no exageration. i once got 2 (!!!) flats on the way home one day. arse, arse, arse. i changed to gatorskins 23’s about 2-3 months ago and havent had a flat since.

on my other bike, ive got some no-name 25mm rear which has been ok. the front i run a bontrager 650cx25mm, ive only had one flat and that was from a piece of glass about a cm long…

gatorskins ftw.

I’ll tell you which ones not to get- CONTINENTAL ULTRA SPORT!!

They were the tyres that originally came with the bike and i just put them on as i had worn my rubino’s through. Since then (about 2 weeks), ive gotten 3 flats and a double flat tonight. ghey. normally it wouldnt have been so bad, i would have just jumped a train and gotten home that way, but instead i had to walk along footscray rd in the pouring rain. not happy. :x

front - gators
rear - whatever is behind the LBS on a sunday arvo lol.

Ditto. Got them with my bike, and was getting flats every few weeks. Glass left gapping holes in them, and they started to wear pretty quick as well. I’ve since switched over to 28mm Gatorskins, and haven’t had a flat in the 2 months I’ve had them. I think I prefer the 28mm to the 23mm too.

Thats exactly what I’m thinking of doing; going for the Gatorskins and moving up to the 28mm. I ride 5 days a week (about 20kms a day) and I’m sick of flats and I guess the 28mm will give me a more comfortable ride. Or maybe even just a 25mm. We shall see.

Definitely go the 28mm. If you’re concerned about weight, each step up from 23mm adds 20 grams to the weight of the tyre (i.e. bugger all). The rolling resistance on a 28mm is a bit lower too, I believe.

lol which LBS?

most bike shops have some alright dumpsters. go around one night and find them for yourself.

+1

Unless your an idiot like me and you ride to the LBS dumpster which is in alley full of broken glass. I’m pretty amazed I didn’t get a flat tyre trying to get a free tyre!

yep they absolutely suck. i’ve had 3 flats in the last week. changed my tube lastnight, and got another flat this morning (different spot). fkn shit. not to mention they are ridiculously hard to get on/off. no wonder cell were offloading them 2 for $30, though i still feel that i got jibbed. will give the gatorskins a shot.

fresh batch o’ 25mm gators. After schlepping through a pile of give aways for a year or so kinda forgot how nice new treads are. 35 bucks each on wiggle.

on the “fancy” bike… front Gatorskin, back Randonneur. On my others, random Conti front’s, Randonneur back.

20 bucks on Wiggle!

dont care as long as thry are cheap and easy to put on

LBS: 1 x Gator @ $79
Wiggle: 1 x Gator @ $31

Its getting ridiculous… You can buy a tyre and tube pack (2 x Gators + 2 Tubes for $78 on wiggle)

so true.
this high aussie dollar is freaking awesome atm.

Wiggle is also simply amazing… I don’t know how they afford to send so much shit, for so cheap, and for free to freaking AUSTRALIA!!.. the other side of the world! Delivery times are also crazy, less than 5 days… SERIOUSLY… HOW?!?

I use to live off dumpster tyres, but man, randos at 20 bucks each. They last me at least 3 good months, and a gator on the front just keeps going on and on and on… (till the side walls start to fray… then it gets a bit edgy)… but yeh…

<3 wiggle so much

/product endorsement