Where to get a bike fit done (Melbourne)

So i’ve been riding the track for a while now and think it about time i get around to having a professional bike fit done. I know the frame is the right size but its things like saddle height/position, stem length/height that i think could use a bit of a tweak.

Im located in the east melbs but am happy to travel if its going to be worth it. So who have you had good experiences with? Who do you recommend?

dom - first place osteo, northcote.

Emma, Topbike fit fitzroy, fixed my knee up.

Really explained things simply for a simleton. i was a bit worried first about the changes even though they were only slight, but using the advice given i have modified my set up and the way i pedal as well as changing my technique on the handlebars and it has been really effective.

Still a lot more to learn to get better though.

I have first-hand experience with Dom and he is excellent. Many others will echo this.

I have also heard good things about Emma from someone else who had some very longstanding injuries.

dom.

or, if you wanna travel, john hine in geelong. worked with the VIS for ages, won the warny on a track bike, all round legend + bike fit guru.

+1 for Dom - he did my last fit and I’m happy with it.

So how much would you expect to pay for one of these sessions?

jason at ios. pick an aussie pro, chances are he/she has seen jason.

i have also been recommended jason.

You mean Jason the orthotics guy near Gardenvale station? Got me a very good result with a plantar fasciitis problem. There’s always some sweaty young pro cyclist type in the waiting room, didn’t know he does bike fits too :confused:

Thaks guys. Booked myself in to see Dom tomorrow.

Dom charges $150 for a 1 hour fitting session

yepyepyep. does lots of it. i went there. in two minutes he had kicked me off the wind trainer and given me a custom insole to make up for my leg length discrepancy. he is pretty good at what he does. on friday when i went into give him his bike back he casually had moulds of renshaws feet sitting on his work bench.

free at cycle science glen waverly, daryl’s been racing track since 9, hes 48 now. He’s also happy to give pointers to fitting bikes, especially for competitive cycling.

How did it go Justin? Did he make many adjustments to your setup?

It was a worthwhile experience even if he didn’t make many changes to my setup. The track bike had the saddle moved forward on rails by 10mm to put the nose 50mm behind the bottom bracket instead of 60mm and that was about it. But he was very helpful with my road setup giving me every dimension that i required.

The best thing that came from it was the peace of mind in knowing i have been doing things right so far and it is only a matter of tweaking some of the smaller things.

Careful, pulling an old one out of the swamp here!

Looking for someone in Melbourne that does a 45min to an hour ‘basic bike fit’ for a friend. She’s looking at buying a nice cx bike and a bit between sizes (54-56). Plenty shops are offering a simple fit (like 99bikes and tfm) but am not sure whether i should recommend them or not. I’d rather send her to someone who tacked bike knowledge onto a physio knowledge base than someone who tacked bike fitting onto a knowledge base of bottom bracket interfaces :wink:

Jason at IOS is unfortunately out of office for the next couple months. Anyone got another recommendation? Is Dom still around?

Jason is out of the game, he’s quite unwell poor bloke.

Dom is working out in Woodend/Kyenton.

Emma from TopBike Physio could be a possibility.

Can highly recommend Rehub studios in North Carlton.

Kat there is a good rider and an ace physio.

Remember CX fits arent road fits… Would make sure they have an understanding of the difference in use and need before committing.

Gotta factor in that fancy dress getup.