Where to get decent wheels

carbon bike wheels items - Get great deals on 50mm clincher, 38mm tubular items on eBay Stores! these dudes.

They have good feedback on ebay and alixpress (which can be fudged). Only found one or two forum reviews about them which weren’t really descriptive. So basically I took a punt.

update: 60mm clinchers with novatec hubs.

wheels came in today. well packaged. came with spare spokes, rim tape, valve extenders and a cog. took 11 days from payment. wheels are true. hub is a flip flop hub (single/fixed). quality seems decent. no braking surface treatment. will update more when i start rolling on them.

for the weight weenies - f: 878g r:1073g t:1951g includes nuts, rim tape and the cog that came with it.

so you got the road rims then!

hey! I have a question about these wheels: 3 Spoke 700c Fixie Single Speed Road Bike Wheel Front Black | eBay - Does anyone have any comments on them? Any reasons I shouldn’t buy them? I currently have a purefix with the stock wheels. Thanks

No need to post questions in more than one place.
Those wheels are straight-up shit. One wheel weighs as much as a normal wheelset and I wouldn’t trust them to maintain any sort of structural rigidity in any sort of tiny crash.
If you absolutely have to get something that looks dumb, save up and get an aerospoke. but seriously, just don’t.

this

What does Velomine charge to send wheels to Aust?

about $70, but thats to perth, might be a tad cheaper to eastern states

It’s about that to Adelaide as well.

Cheers, that’s still damm good value for shipping.

Another vote for velomine, I’m on my second set of wheels from these guys (deep V to formula) and both times their postage and customer service has been similar to Fyxo (i.e. damn good)

Not sure if I mentioned this earlier: my bro-in-law ordered a set of wheels from velomine which turned up really quickly, but one of the rims was squashed flat in transit. He emailed them with pics etc and they had a new wheel in the post the same day, didn’t even ask for the other hub or anything. So he scored a brand new 6800 rear hub, which his cousin is now using to 11-ify his old 6700 wheelset.

So, thumbs up for customer service. Wheels haven’t made it onto a bike yet so can’t comment on quality.

Velomine is pretty, pretty, good imho.

Only issue I’ve ever had with Velomine is that the tension isn’t perfect out of the box.

But that’s nothing considering the price.

+1 for Velomine, for being ridiculously cheap, easy to deal with and shipping costs/time. I just received my wheelset from them today (H+Son Archetypes laced to Formula Track hubs), they were straight and evenly tensioned out of the box, but I’ll give it a few weeks of riding before I lay down a serious opinion about them.