Where's erle?

My:

I’ve raised this before, nothing like a bit of fresh blood. There is a larger number of mods than most think, it’s just they’re infrequent users now . . moved on. How about replacing them? The forum has changed and grown a lot since the admins were made years ago.

I don’t think the For Sale section should be locked, not straight away at least. Most items seem to be sold within the first day or two and after that is when the thread can turn to dribble. Why not give them a three day window to help people deal? Then either lock it or if there is active discussion just move it to an appropriate place. It just needs to be maintained frequently, no more work than you are already doing lockiing everything straight away.

I never had a problem with the old system.

Sure, there was the odd for sale post that was lacking information, but eventually people would force the information out. I guess it depends on what you (not me, as I have no admin powers! :wink:) want this forum to be. Let’s face it- the for sale section is never going to be ebay- it should be a local ‘mates rates’ section for people that have stuff to share around the fixed community. I don’t think anyone should think they’ll sell their items for top dollar on this forum.
If you want proper coin, piss off to ebay.

The fact that this new system has created such a negative reaction suggests in my mind that it doesn’t work. How long can the admins keep reiterating ‘READ THE FUCKING RULES’ until everyone gets sick of being treated like children and leave the forum?

That would be a shame I reckon.

My 2cents only of course. :expressionless:

ANARCHY!!! ANARCHY!!!

erle will be happy to hear he has caused such vigorous debate.