which bike: KHS Flite 100 or Grand Royale Lurker

sorry but how the hell are you guys breaking all these parts? Are all Australian roads made of potholes and cobblestones, and 2 ft edges to mount and drop for every gutter?

KHS aren’t that shite are they?

I break shit cos I’m rough with my bike. I don’t know about everyone else, but I’ve broken bits on every bike i’ve ever had.

its just dylan apparently hes so hard core that everything he touches just falls to pieces, life must be hard being that hardcore dylan… shiiiiiit

so dylan’s in the Big Chain Ring Riders group then?

There a place in Sydney selling some lurkers this weekend for $500 i think RRP is $1100, i’m getting my KHS for $400 RRP is about $900 i think. they only have the peppermint green though. and i think it might be in a box so i’ll have to build it myself.

You’ve no idea how hardcore I am.
So hardcore, my wheel even fell off the other day.
One time, i buckled my rims (yeah, both) jumping stairs on my first road bike.
I’m not gonna say I’m awesome, but I am gonna say I do stupid shit sometimes.
I guess I break stuff cos it’s cheap and nasty.
‘poor man buys twice’

Also, thanks for info devosity.
I’ll hunt around and see if I can grab one cheaper than retail somewhere.

jebus devosity, for $400 I’ll happily buy an XL in mint green and build it in the nude, on parliament station platform 4, during peak hour…

Do you have any more details about the place in Sydney or whereabouts your getting your KHS? Sounds like a good deal.

yep me too, as previously stated, will nude up if necessary to get one at this price.

Dirt Works Australia - Ride with Us - Yard Sale 21st & 22nd May
There it is, keep it on the down low so there still some bargains for the rest of us.

all i need now is some brakes to put on it while I’m learning (anyone?)

the lbs can hook you up with the basic shimano one for $25 dude.I run one on mine, and i put 2 on my gf’s bike.

cheers dylan

yeah I did dome searching and found dirtworks sale, problem is you have to “collect” your purchase, so this pretty much limits the sale to SYD people only. Shame, I woulda got either a Surly or KHS complete.

Just letting you all know i bought the Flite, it’s 55cm and peppermint colour, a bit girly looking but for the price i’m a huge fan. I’ve taken it out for a few rides already. I’m loving riding fixed. I did shit myself when trying to hold myself from flying down a hill and have the rear cog slip on me! i’ll grab a lock ring tool tomorrow and fix it up. I’ll also get some brakes so I don’t die learning.

some people mention replacing the rear cog? why is that? and any other recommendations on what i should upgrade?

yeah thanks for rubbing that in devo, still trying to get my hands on a 60CM complete, seems they’ve all dried up, might ring dirtworks and see if that frame set is still available, and take it from there.

they had some more sizes that weren’t on their sales list, i picked up the khs urban uno complete in a 62cm, even though they only went to 60cm in the items listing.

Yep, give them a call, they mentioned they’re definitely keen to offload the stock so should be able to cut you a pretty good deal.

Has anyone got any advice on what i need to mod?

I’ve sent em an email, we’ll see what happens.

got a reply just then… nuthin, nada, zip. :frowning:

Got a Flite a few weeks back, Sand blasted and powder coated it before it was built up. fking love it ! just starting to think about changing a few bits here and there but otherwise everything has been pretty damn smooth.

Thinking of powder coating or spraying a frame at the moment, is one better than the other? Posted on this thread as am thinking of covering up that peppermint colour too.