Wombat 100 / Woodend / 22nd April 2012 / CX Class

by decieving I’m imagining that you mean decievingly tough?

Having ridden the singletrack loop out there I think 3 laps of the regular loop with add-ons (something like 23kms) would have me pretty beat. And would probably want some pretty narrow bars for lap no. three, when you start getting sloppy.

I’m considering this… still to decide if i go for a fast 50 or tough it out on the 100.

50km single speed, i’m up for that. do some more yarra trails as prep, get some decent tires, maybe even a camelbak…

Tough is correct, but only over 100km, the 50km is fairly cruisy. Below is a link to what the course looked like 2 years ago, keep in mind this course had many foul weather re-routes in it, but it still gives a good idea. This isn’t my map, I didn’t have a Garmin 500 2 years ago.

DirtWorks by stevarge at Garmin Connect - Details

EDIT… that’s approximately 2600m of climbing…

Yesterday’s Otway Odyssey in Forrest garnered these stats… 96.9 km and 2,614 meters Interesting the amount of climbing for the Wombat 100 is nearly the same. Make sure you do some training the hills!

I finally entered, singlespeed MTB class, 100km on a CX bike just doesn’t float my boat, not on singletrack anyway.