Yew! Bought a Steamroller frame.

Hey Guys!

After weeks of trying to track down a 56cm Surly Steamroller frame within Australia, I finally had a break threw.

Hats off to Phantom sports and cycle in Tahmoor, New South Wales. They ordered me in a complete bike and striped it down to frame and fork. I was super grateful, know other dealer was willing to do this. The frame and fork arrived today. It was boxed incredibly well. Definitely recommend these guys.

Ive weighed the frame and fork which might interest some people.

Frame (with Surly seat collar, no headset or BB) = 2104g
Fork (Uncut) = 958 g
Total = 3062g

Its the Green/Grey 2013 colour. Cant say I love it, but it’ll do.

Heres a picture. Not my photo but identical.

Future plans for the build.

Thomson Elite X4 stem black.
Thomson Elite seat post black.
Nitto RB-018 Bullhorn Bar.
Chris King No Thread set Headset black.
Fizik Arione saddle black.
Sugino 75 cranks black.
Phil Wood Bottom Bracket.
Phil Wood Hubs black.
Velocity Deep V’s black. Machined front, non machined rear.
Pedals ???
Chainring ???
Rear sprocket ???
Brake Lever ???
Brake ???
Chain ???

So this is where I’m at guys! I’m open to any ideas on components. I’m wanting a quality build, I don’t want to be up grading components in 6 months time. Keen to go with quality parts straight up.

All my riding will be flat, minimal hill riding if any. I have no problem swapping out the rear sprockets to work out what gear ratio works. I just want to buy the one chainring though. I was thinking a 46?? Not gonna lie, I’m very lost when it comes to all these gear ratio’s. I enjoy spinning, don’t want to be mashing the pedals to much.

Also what length cranks are people using? Its not a track orientated frame, so can’t imagine the BB being to high.

Any help would be appreciated guys.