Your not a hipster just a nazi...

Thanks for the video Rod… Wasn’t it a made for tv movie…?

Pfffft. When you get your own music thread on here you can call yourself a “music snob”. :wink:

Haha

I was a member of oink.me for 4 years and have been a member of indietorrent.com for like 8…
It’s all advance release for me pussy cat.
Plus I had my own show on rhythm FM many moons ago when it was still up and running.

I do believe there is a line between stealing “advanced releases” and enjoying music though.

In saying that, I just “acquire” out of print post-hardcore bands from the 90’s…

i’ve been a major computer nerd/hacker since 1988 when i got my first email address and studied software engineering

i acuire thing via the interweb because i have done so for such a long time… its just the way i’ve grown up
i always go to see bands i like because i like to support them and always buy merch… which in most cases will put way more monies in their hands than buying a cd will…

plus i expose lots of others too music they would never other wise hear… ( i don’t give it away either ) as i am a music snob and it my music or fuck off at my work…

I pretty much just pillage Killed By Death these days…and wait for my friends with more disposable income than I to buy albums we all like.

We are strangely similar…

seen this footage done about 2 years ago with the “state of origin” as the theme. but must agree triple j has gone to shit over the last few years

*you’re

Given you’ve gone all lycra and roadie… that is true.

FBI 94.5 makes my day every day (Sydney Only).
ABC Classics is good for working in the shed.

Sure there’s plenty of great digi-radio but I’ve already got what I need.

I used to do the “dutch massive” adelaide hip hop show ages ago, actually really miss it, we got booted when they sussed none of the four of us doing it were uni students.

We got kicked off 2RSR for giving shout outs to Domino’s (who used to bring us free pizza’s in return) and also because we thought it funny to interview Ravi Shankar (who was actually Barry with an Irish-Indian accent).

We then got a slot on 2SER at 3am on a Tuesday. In a week when we were trying to raise sponsorship dollars we got a call from a guy who pledged $2000 and was enough to keep our slot on air forever. What surprised us more was the thought that somebody was listening to our fumbling mash of Atkins, May & Saunders meets Stockhausen meets Tangerine Dream. Fun days.

I sometimes go to work late just so I can catch “Life Matters” on Radio National on the way in. Richard Aedy was way better than Natasha Mitchell but.

My show was on a Sunday afternoon, it was called scattered, lots of minimal German tech and deep as fuck dubby house mixed with radioheads more electronic tracks umounst other gems… +'booze and coke before heading to play at the dugout bar or To play at Sinclair and Caldwell’s night at what is now lady lux… Good times and good lines :smiley:

Last residency was playing indie pop electro at ruby rabbit a few years go at a night called the indie outy kids…

All the straight black Russians I could drink, banging Interpol and cat power tracks over the top of dance music and dancing in a forest of models in the mix…

God how boring I’ve become :frowning:

the hitler vs the watchmen movie was pretty great, you’d only get it if your a fan of the comic and have seen the movie though

and yes kingsmill killed jjj the day he took over it’s been shit ever since

We’ve done our time. At some point we change and the scene changes and chasing a higher high doesn’t have the same appeal. That’s when it’s best to leave it for the next generation and hope they can bring something else. I fear the worst for the kids these days and hope there is something innovative, subversive and interesting going on … otherwise, culture is dead and everything once hopeful about youth has now been commercialized and watered down.

Topical:-

Hitler bicycle rant on Vimeo

from that page: “Tunn quit Triple J in late 1999. At this time he was the station’s assistant music director, but was frustrated by a lack of promotion opportunities.”

isn’t that closer to the source of the problem? a limited, low paid career path with an increasingly smaller audience? why would the best and brightest choose that over other things that are available? especially for a youth radio station… at least the presenters on the other public stations tend to be older, more secure in themselves and more stable financially…

I think the year they cut the world music show was the end for me – I didn’t listen to that show per se it seemed to signal a shift in the programming. shortly after that the groove train, the three hours of power, mixup, retrospective, all went… they were all standout shows that would be the gem of any other station.

a few of the people involved in those shows were also doing alchemy (buck, fosatti, someone else?) which is what people now need. where’s the crossover, the ability to pick a genre without needing to worry about the format? radio people seem to be radio people and tv people, tv people, never do they meet anymore.

I don’t ever want to hear this.