1x10/1x11 road bike... am I crazzy?

On trend eh!

http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/f9/possible-passion-problem-27049/

Do this?
As on my 1 x 8 commuter- 48 x 11/32. I could also run it 1 x10 campy 48 x 13/29 if disc brake campy hubs were more freely available… like really free (hard rubbish).
Want to try a NW ring next time around.

Guys, I need some help.
I want a 1x10/1x11 setup for the road bike, I’ve decided that’s what I want.
It needs to be as cost effective setup as possible.

I’ve worked through in my head various options like:
-CX1 crank and SRAM 10 speed shifter and type 2 RD
-Generic crank & Wolftooth chainring…
-bar end shifter and cheap arse Tektro levers (cheapest I guess)
-Scour ebay and get a cheap righthand SRAM lever…

What ya got?

Theres a right hand force 2x10 lever on ebay now, buy it now for 110 (dreaming) or best offer, I’d offer him $50 (it’s worn), and also there are some cheap s900 left levers for 60 posted from canada on the 'bay too. Would be the cleanest looking cockpit.

Just buy a set of used force shifters and remove the shifter mechanism from the left hand shifter - that’s what I did.

Thanks guys, good advice here.

I’ll doubt you’ll need a clutched mech and a narrow/wide chainring, one or the other will be enough (I’d choose the narrow/wide, cos shifting won’t be affected and I assume you have to buy a ring anyway)

I have neither on my 1x9 city/tourer, and I’ve only dropped the chain twice, once riding down stairs and once bunny hopping off a bump in the road whilst changing gears.

More good advice, cheers Mike.
So my parts list so far:
-SRAM RH 10 speed shifter
-LH brake lever whatever
-X9 RD regular not type 2
-Wolftooth chainring
-SLX 11-36T cassette for good range
-XT chain

Laughing.

Well if your buying all new I’d get type two, cos why not, and y’know might use it for CX or somthing, also get a short cage MTB mech, and you’ll need some inline barrel adjusters.

Thanks. Are you sure short cage is okay with 36T? If so, cool.
I’m going to try and do this absolutely on the cheap, FOA style.

A short cage SRAM (MTB) RD will work fine with a 36T (Spesh spec some of their 1x10 hardtails with them).

Make sure to get X9 or higher - the finishing on the X7s are crummy.

Plenty of folks offloading their Type1 derailleurs for peanuts as they upgrade to Type2

I have a set of Rival Shifters and also a set of Apex shifters in good nick incase you’re interested, PM me.

^ get em H.

I have Rivals and shifting has never bothered me (just run nice cables :wink: )

Venge Lunch Race - Specialized Bicycle Components

Well, looky here.

The Venge is fast. Plain and simple. So is the Specialized Lunch Ride—often called the Specialized Lunch Race. This Venge LunchRace (LR) bike is inspired by our Friday ride and built for anyone looking for a simply fast ride. It’s built with a 1X11 drivetrain saving more weight and aero drag than a traditional double crankset. Tested in our Win Tunnel so you can win your own LunchRace. Ride Hard, Earn Lunch.

hahaha

they’re not even pretending anymore.

So a MAMIL in other words

I thought this was a joke.
Shit now I’m not allowed to ride my bike at lunch time anymore otherwise they’ll sue me.

The Specialized Lunch Ride… gold.

imagine that bunch ride. Lot’s of dudes called Connor yelling HTFU and high fiving.