2012 Felt "F4130" steel road bike

You know how we all buy an old steel frame, chuck a carbon fork and modern (soulful Campagnolo) groupset on it? Well Felt has picked up on this trend and is sad to be loosing out on market share. What do they do? Make exactly this (complete with shitty saddle)! But they are paying homage, so it’s okay…

Felt F65X Disc Brake Cyclocross Bike Upgrades Fork, Finally Ships – Plus Other Sweet Bikes - Bike Rumor

F4130 - Athena
Who says a modern, high-performance road bike can’t have a little style? The F4130 pays homage to classic raod bikes with a gorgeous frame made with, you guessed it, 4130 cromoly tubing. With its Campagnolo Athena 11 speed drivetrain and brakes, plus a UHC Performance carbon fiber fork, the F4130 delivers the unique ride qualities of steel and race-worthy performance.

Frame:
Felt Road Columbus custom CroMor premium butted & tapered Cr-Mo, integrated head tube, investment cast BB30 shell, external cable routing, vertical dropouts w/ rack & fender mounts

Fork:
Felt UHC Performance carbon fiber fork, aluminum 1.125"" steerer tube, crown, & dropouts

Drivetrain:
Campagnolo Athena 11s Ergopower shifters, derailleurs, Ultra-Torque™ aluminum compact 50/34T crankset, KMC X11SL chain w/ Missing Link, Chorus Ultra-Shift™ 11-25T cassette

Components:
Campagnolo dual pivot brakes, Felt VS 6061 aluminum bar, Felt FB threadless quill 6061 aluminum 3D forged stem, Felt FB 6061 aluminum 1 piece seatpost, Felt FB road saddle w/ hollow Cr-Mo rails

Wheelset:
Felt ““FB”” Yellow Label rims, Felt premium hubs, DT Competition spokes & nipples

Ultra high performance carbon fork with alloy steerer, with quill??

Seems they are paying homage to prolly with that stem choice.

Not a quill, looks like this…

VO Tall-Stack Stem, 1-1/8" - Stems - Components

Unrelated, this stem looks rad.

Grand Cru Quill Stem - Stems - Components

Ah, that’s what it is, good pickup. Notice they call it threadless quill. So Felt are ripping off Velo Orange as well??

Falls short IMHO.

According to the specs it has BB30 which is kinda surprising isn’t it?

+1

Masi beat them onto the bandwagon with their Strada though.

I’d take a Reynolds tubed Jamis over this any day of the week.

I’d rather DIY.

Closeup image if interested:

That looks like a shiny cock n balls if you squint.

Open Pro rip offs on there too

Why is this surprising? The All City Mr. Pink is rocking PF30 in a steel frame. Just keeping up with the Jones’

Gios

I walked straight past the GIOS booth at Interbike last year. Stupidly overpriced much like Ciocc these days. IMHO both brands died a long time ago.

This.

Edit: that dog’s breakfast of a bike is retailing at US$3k, with a stack of Felt in-house bits on it. http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2012/Road/F-Series/F4130-Athena.aspx

Edit edit: Felts have generally looked okay to me, but whoever “styled/designed” the current crop needs to get their eyes checked.

Yup. SRAM-zoni for me.

Wonder what the price is? Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s like AUD $2995.00