2014-15 Shimano Ultegra & 5800: Hydro disc and mechanical 11sp shifting

They’re not 105 level; they’re ‘non-series’, which I read (on the internetssss) is more comparable to Ultegra/DA.

Cheers thanks for that. I’ll get a slick commuter going next year and didn’t want to go the Alfine or neutered CX route so I’ll go this way I reckon.

Mechanical or hydro?
if mechanical you could just get a cheap 5700 group once 5800 is out (there’ll heaps of good condition second hand groupsets, just like there is now with 6700) and Shimano or BB7 discs

Ribble just announced they’ll have the full 5800 mechanical available on Wednesday for only $471. Not bad at all

That’s a ridiculously good price.

Sure is, but going hydro is going to push it ridiculously

Yeah but if you’ve got a steel road frame and some ksyriums sitting in the shed it’s a great option.

So the UK sellers (Wiggle, CRC, Ribble, Merlin etc.) have prices and most stock available now.
Ribble will do shifters, fd, rd, crankset, chain and cassette for $438. Add $100 or so for bb and rim brakes

trigger has been pulled :smiley:

Cheers for the heads up on those Ribble prices!

well, he is a very handsome man

hahaha

HEEYYOOO! Haha, well played

Ribble has the FULL groupset (incl.brakes and bb) for only $434 until 12 August.
Medium cage RD and 11-32 cassette cost a few dollars extra over the short cage and 11-28.
Iamsimon, bummer you didn’t wait a few days

All good I’ve got everything I need for it and I’m running cable discs for the time being

Is the mechanical hydro stuff actually out in the wild yet? I’m rooly keen to try it. Has anyone tried it??

https://www.bike24.de/1.php?content=8;navigation=1;menu=1000%2C4%2C38;product=102409;lang=2

approx. 670 gram (pair)

Ouch

Weight weenieism is for the frickin’ birds, maaaan.

105 level hydro shakes announced

Dat shifter tho… Ew.