2017 Tour de France

Outstanding

Taylor Phinneys, Contadors whistle story was funny as hell.
Check LA’s Stages podcast stage 6 for context.

Looks like an interesting couple of stages ahead.
stage 8 tonight.

Stage 9 Sunday night

Just call it a dead heat FFS! Zero transparency in the decision making process, zero evidence that Kittel won the stage. Geez the TdF organiser/race jury is shit.

Amazing by EBH, never thought he had the speed to win a flat sprint. Dude was robbed.

^ yep. I assume the rules allow for a draw? Seems to me that when it’s not possible to visually pic the winner from the photo finish, it’s an appropriate point to decide that both riders are equally deserved.

Fuck me the tour is shit this year. And with the doggies fucked too, sport is looking grim.

mate, that stage was amaze.

Man, the descent off The Col de la Biche is mental, horrifying and thrilling.
This is finally the race we hoped for (just hope no one goes down in serious trouble).

Horror crash for Porte!
The second impact with Martin and the mountainside looks like what did the most damage.
Absolutely huge crash, hope he’s ok - but that’s the end of his Tour.

This stage is brutal

Just savage.
Happy for Uran, devestated for Barguil, surprised by Aru and shocked for Porte.
Uran showed why you don’t give up, gritty ride. Same for Barguil - never gave up, never pulled the pin but just a fraction short.
Unbelievable stage from start to finish.

CHAMBÉRY, France (VN) — Rigoberto Urán just won a Tour de France stage on a single speed

Well, that’ll teach me to live vicariously through the lives of my sporting heroes.

Just hope that Aru can stay in touch otherwise we are reduced to cheering on Bling as he takes another mid-stage sprint.

And what’s the problem with Aru charging whem Froome had a mechanical?

it’s something Donald Trump would do if he was a cyclist.

very pleased to hear Porte is relatively ok. sickening crash.

Outstanding!

Easily the best way to describe this sort of behaviour to anyone who doesn’t follow the sport regularly. Well done.

I’m liking the Orica Scott Backstage Pass videos.

Called it - no joy in saying this though, really hoped he’d do something good this tour

Yeh no joy here. I still don’t think Porte is a GC winner, but he was clearly in good form and it’s very cruel the way he went out.