2017 Tour de France

It’s no longer as relevant, but how do you think oakley feel every year when Geraint Thomas refuses to wear any current (or future) model of their sunglasses.

Those jawbones haven’t been current stock for a few years I reckon…

The other day he was rocking some new radar’s…and I thought maybe he’d turned a corner.

Then the next day he was back rocking the classics

Yeah but I hear that Kask are really happy with the crash-testing data that he’s provided this tour.

yeah, Oakley probably don’t care given he crashes out of every race pretty early.

And Rolex have totally abandoned their plans to sponsor FDJ

Big Banana Big = SAVAGE

This sums up my thoughts https://cyclingtips.com/2017/07/commentary-comes-equipment-time-bid-adieu-gentlemans-rules-stage-racing/
It’s not that I don’t appreciate the sentiment of sportsmanship, but the points made in the article outweigh that for me

there’ll come a time when someone will agree with you & win a tour on the back of it.

i got no problem with that, despite my earlier Aru/Trump comparison.

crash/nature break - no attacks.
anything else - go nuts.

Rolly sums up my thoughts too.
Also, at 1.5m euro p/a - can the world move on from Nacer Bouhani? He doesn’t win on the big stage, gets kicked out of races, makes the news for the wrong reasons and he acts like a jerk on the bike (throwing punches ffs). Surely Cofidis Credit Solutions are tired of being associated with this guy?

yeah - but think of the money they save on hiring team security. his salary covers that of at least 3 people.
also - did he just resign - or is that his existing contract (which may not be renewed)? it might be the legacy of a previous contract. additionally - 1.5mil for a french rider riding for a french team is a LOT less for the rider than a similar rider for almost any other (non-french) team.

He is probably earning them more in coverage than David Moncuotie ever did in all his years at the team.

Is it weird that this Tour feels completely over? Even though we’ve only had 11 of the 21 stages, and haven’t been to either the Pyrenees or the Alps yet.

yeah, feels like it was over after the stage porte crashed out of.

not coz porte is out, just coz that seemed like the peak of what to expect from the tour. i hope it’s not just one big procession all the way to paris now, that would be very boring.

Nope. It absolutely feels that way. It’s been a war of attrition, inconsistent race jury decisions, firm time-cuts and unofficial neutralizations (the “Gentleman’s Rules”) and the total effect is that Chris looks likely to win another one.
My hope is that Aru comes out swinging over the next couple of days, as does Bardet, as does Nairo, as does Fuglsang, Uran etc and that they all punch and counter punch and wear Chris and the Skybots down and we have a race. However I think it’ll be one attack at a time in last 3kms of mountain stages (ie - too late to pull the big time needed to truly bury Chris) and people marking Froome and that’ll be enough to give him Yellow Jersey #4 before he even needs to time trial in the penultimate stage.

the tour is dead but sensations live forever.

Froome drops yellow after bbq visit. Aru up. Top four within less than a minute. Bertie having a crack just to keep us entertained. Tour’s not over kids!

may not have been enough to properly gap froome & aru, but why they sat up when they overcooked that corner was beyond me. so frustrating to watch! Robbie was losing his mind!!

very pleased with the last 200m of the stage & ace to see it all reignited & all to play for once again.

Guessing they all had planned to attack at the end of the final climb (which wouldn’t suite Froome), and it was still too far out, so they were left scratching their heads about whether to stick to plan A or mix it up. With the form of Kwiatkowski, Landa and the other skybots, don’t think any attack at the point would have been successful, and they may have been burnt by the time they got to the runway.

true. froome would’ve been even more spent by the time they hit the ramp too though.

that said, i’m just glad it’s all got a bit more exciting, but man it was frustrating to watch them all just sit up!

It’s a no-drop group ride with a sprint at the end