Advice on a mtb purchase

revs are decent forks

there’s a new progressive Marin HT comin out soon

Go for a test ride on the Marin - I think you will be happy with it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My 2c is that you won’t upgrade the fork ever so best to buy the bike with the best fork for a long term investment.

Upgrading brakes or drivetrain is much simpler and cheaper.

1 Like

That is a good point…

Does anybody have experience with Judy forks? Will it suck if I’m stuck with them?

Yah. I’m really really headed that direction. Just not looking forward the the nausea I’ll get after spending that much money…

When you have a grin from ear to ear - it’s unlikely you’ll think about your bank account.

3 Likes

Cos you know the Stoke market is on the rise and you’ve invested wisely

6 Likes

shortsie is rolu confirmed.

2 Likes

I bought the San Quentin 3.

Thanks all youse for the advice. Pretty happy to not be thinking about it anymore.

Now just gotta find some bars for it.

YOR ALL LEGENDS

7 Likes

YES! So stoked for you - let us know how that maiden voyage goes.

Dude can’t wait. Hopefully it fits ok.
The Marin definitely felt like a better base to upgrade from than the fuse.

Gotta buy the boring shit now. Shock pump, Tubeless tape, Bleed kit.

And bars. Fucking bars. I hate buying bars. …

Why do you have to buy bars?

I like a bit of backsweep. Like >12 degrees. I’ll wait and see how the stock bars feel. Good odds that I’ll need new bars.

Just see how the first handful of rides go, if something feels off - you’ll know about it. Go get it.

1 Like