Another Firefly 'dentist' commuter

I think that’s Wade cyclingtips’ bike. I would imagine your synopsis would be accurate.

Ditto.

Only a 6 month waiting list CC!
Although I imagine the top end gearing would be lacking on Beach Rd lol

Except it has 90s geo, not current MTB geo, so even with a shorter stem, wider bars, a real fork, it’ll be no better than Horatio’s rocky mountain off road.

Change out the drivetrain and it might be an ok urban bike

I dont understand what the problem is with this. I didn’t count the teeth, but XX1 chainrings are up to 38t and the cassette is down to 10! 38:10 is almost a 46:12. If you can spin that out on the flat, good luck to you, especially if you’re in traffic.
Its obviously not a bike for competing in anything, I think its alright. Some people think ti takes the abuse of being locked up, bumped and whatever else that happens to commuter bikes better than other materials, maybe its just a “buy once” commuter that he can use for all sorts of adventures. Ditto for steel forks.

It comes from the same company that brought us this:

Ha! Whats the problem with THAT? They didn’t bring “us” anything, they built that bike for a person who ordered it, its not a production bike that is pushing anyone else to ride it/move in that direction. Wide bars, quick shifting, high gears, maybe better braking, fast wheels, none of that seems silly for someone who wants to ride 15k to and from work as fast as possible. fenders, 650b, low gearing, lugs, just-right drops, blah… none of that is necessary to commute. Some people like a flat bar. There’s way more image buy-in/fad-tacular now-ness in any rando bike doing the trip from Windsor to the melb CBD and a 50k roll on the weekends.

I must have missed the memo about carbon clinchers being awesome for commuting… :smiley:

or just chose not to read it.

ride what you want/not a cookie cutter/h8rs gon h8/do a skid/NJSwalk like a baws

//youtu.be/9fpu1Ws4bpA#t=1m13s

I do it, F@$kin love it.

Okay I think I’m done here.

So in summary, ride what you got, or if you can afford it, a race bike with all the bells and whistles, but with risers.

haha! thats a fair summary, mate :slight_smile: That wasnt an attack on you, it was more a recollection of the days where your bike was your one bike… I remember commuting, training, racing, riding to friends houses drunk, everything, on the same raod bike, in the rain, in the sun, whatever, never cleaned it, never trued the wheels, i knew nothing about all of the stuff that is apparently essential to commute and ride in cities and so on, and it was all good :slight_smile:
I hate to think people here might be held back from riding in whatever conditions they want with whatever bike they already have.
And, of course, I have a vested interest in defending custom bikes being built for purpose, I’d hate for you to start hacking into mine!

Di2 travel bike a good idea really - just unplug the wires rather than piss about with cables.

I just undo the cable splitters. Takes fractionally longer than a plug, but once you reconnect it’s good to go, no adjustments.

And another one!
Where do they find these customers??

dentistforums.org

Japan would be my guess.

That road mongrel thing with discs and XTR crank that’s first up on their Flickr stream at the moment… I would ride that a lot.

I actually agree that thing would be hella fun to ride.
Blakey- what kind of racks are they?