Bar tape recommendations..

inner tube FTW

i use and recommend BBB cork stuff. soft, feels good, grippy

I have spent way too much on bar tape this year :frowning:

This year I have tried Easton, Pro Adhesive, BBB, Cinelli, Fizik, Bike Ribbon, Salsa and probably a few more…

Out of those I like SALSA the best. Feels good man.
Stretches nice and has no adhesive backing too

ozbikerider… available sometimes @ shifter.

tough, grippy (wet and dry) and well cushioned when wrapped appropriately.

i’ve given my cross bike hell in the past year and the tape doesnt show it half as much as other parts do.

i like the ‘feel’ of cork, but not how prone it is to becoming crap after heavy use (esp in adverse conditions).

‘Ozriders’
Any store can get it incase you’re interstate etc…
I think it’s distro’d by Southcott as James who runs Ozriders is also one of the Felt reps…

But yes, Dan swears by it so he usually has it in when available at Shifter.
Good product, Melburn based.

Stella Azzura Eleganza over a wrap of inner tube

(bayside on the surface, east ballarat underneath, it’s kind of an allegory)

The JAMS and jasey jase are both right.

I use BBB on my good bikes. It’s good stuff - comfortable, affordable, it comes in a range of colours and it’s safe for children.

I use inner tube (sliced in half and wrapped over the top of old bar tape) on my old commuter/beater. That bike spends every workday chained to a bike rack in the CBD. The inner tube bar tape costs nothing, is very comfortable and grippy. It doesn’t look as good as normal bar tape (which is a good anti-theft measure), but at the same time it has a bit of ‘ghetto cool’. I’ve got to find some old coloured inner tubes - black is just so DA7800.

Bontrager cork tape for the win!

Whatever’s cheap and cork. BBB is good, Easton is good. Whatever cheap shit I have at the moment is good. Maybe I’m just not fussy.

I like Fizik Microtex (soft touch).

This is what I want - red natural bicycle tube products, buy red natural bicycle tube products from alibaba.com

It would seem sex does sell

thread dig, but i had to put this somewhere…

a lesson on how not to wrap bars on an otherwise decent build:

Giuseppe Olmo | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

secondly, a lesson on how to not run cables on non-aero levers.

Cinelli Cork…in black as per velominati

Heard, but not tried, of Prologo Doubletouch…A double thickness on the horizontal and normal thickness on the drops…kinda technical and for those long miles in the saddle, perhaps

ive been using deda cork tape for the last year and theyve been great. Got some lizard skins DSP race tape that all you boys have been raving on about in the mail, so keen to give em a whirl

I’m a large chap so I run a layer of old benotto cello tape first to thicken the bar. It doesn’t have much give so bar doesn’t get spongy (unless you want that) then fizik microtex on top

Edit: do NOT try deda chrome tape if you are an amateur (at best) like me. You’ll think it looks cool but fuck its hard to wrap

munga that picture hurt my feelings. I learned to bartape from a youtube video and it took me one go to master, and I am the most inept at anything mechanical in the universe.
Lizard Skins DSP stuff is pretty fantastic, as is that Ozriders stuff. I used some Deda cork stuff 3 or 4 times before it needed to be binned. I wouldn’t use Deda on anything wider than a 42cm though, you’ll run out.

I still think DEDA is the best by far. I’ve moved onto their perforated stuff and it’s friggin’ awesome. Also, lighter than Lizard Skins too. :slight_smile:

I love how a 3 year thread dig isn’t even noticeable on this forum - nothing much changes.

The best tape I’ve found is Arundel. Halfway between the rubberiness of Lizard Skins and regular cork tape. Lasts well too. Hard to get here though. Otherwise I lke the Deda and Fizik faux-leather types. Just not the cork.

best tape instructions ever