Bikepacking Bag/Frame Bag Manufacturers

I got a bunch of gear coming from Oveja Negra at the moment. Super nice folks to deal with, even got one of there new handlebar feed bags coming.

Keith and I have Oveja Negra seat bags.
I can’t comment for Keith, but mine is rock solid.

Sweet I got seat bags, top tube bag, gas tank, handlebar roll & handlebar feed bag coming.

Won’t be needing bags anytime soon.

Love my saddle bag, one of my favorite bags.

Stealth were mentioned earlier.

CycleEXIF had a Provo with some Stealth bags on it, first time I’ve seen a half frame bag make use of the extra space between bottles.

I’m waiting on a handlebar bag and two tool rolls from him at the moment. Really well priced, and quick to make as well. Order was placed and posted within two weeks for semi-custom work on the handlebar bag.

Is there any recommendation on a handlebar bag that would suit drop bars better then flat bars? Starting to think of what kit I’ll need for NZ

I’ve got a bike bag dude handlebar roll. You can borrow and try it if you want

Thanks Keith, that would be awesome. Probably won’t be until October sometime, but will be a great chance to figure out how to best pack my kit.

NZ made; might be a sign

I prefer a Stealth stlye drybag harness over the BBD one. It’s lighter and less bulky

Both are heavier - even without the dry bag - than the integrated non-harness ones, but those ones won’t fit between drops as easily.

Slightly off topic, but kinda on topic:
I’m thinking of options to store my tent pole. They are too long for front panniers and underneath frame bag on top tube. Was thinking of strapping them underneath downtube somehow. Any ideas/recommendations for strapping, pics of things that have worked for you?

I strap them between my half frame bag and top tube. Leave the top straps a little loose, slide poles in and tighten down.

Otherwise just some velcro straps? Should be able to rustle something up at camping store or $2 shop? Failing that spiral a bungy/ocky strap from front to back?

Just tested them out, they JUST fit under the top tube above frame bag. Sorted

Wasn’t sure where else to put this, but it might be of interest to someone who uses a traditional big saddlebag (eg Carradice).

http://store.oceanaircycles.com/products/erlen-saddle-bag-support-presale

Looks really clever. I’ve got the carradice bagman support and it works great, this one is apparently a lot lighter. Somewhat pricey though.

Can I use this on my S-works Power touring saddle with ovalized rails? How may footys dose it support? Is it #njsapproved.

Yeah I’m sitting around waiting or student resubmits…

is this saddlebag support fundamentally different to the bagman support? I also believe Carradice had a bagman support v2 that they pulled from the market years ago because it kept breaking.

It’s different in its attachment. Bagman clamps on saddle rails, this is clamped by seatpost clamp.
It looks good, but it’d raise your saddle a bit, not far from 1cm I’d think #feeleverymmlikeprolly

Ah, just drop your post a bit Seb

Pretty clever I reckon. The Carradice one used a fair bit of saddle rail real estate, and Brooks saddles don’t have much to begin with.