Canberra Rides

Don’t lie down on the job!

haha who’d have known!

Just go for the interview, record it for LOLZ.

Ask why all their bikes are squashed

Flying Furniture?

Squashed you say? recumbents are bad enough…

I got offered a job at pushy’s but need to sort out my timetable first.

that’s the one.

cool! just be patient when i come in asking stupid questions :slight_smile:

Right next door to my day job (i.e. non-framebuilding job)

And close to strippers!

And Bunnings! What more could you need!

Lunch date!

Rode up BM for the first time today. Nice views of the lake on the way up. Time was approx. 11:03 from the start of the first incline to the white KOM line at the start of the car park. I’ve been doing Ainslie every second day (which I find a bit harder than BM) and my PB is 10:48 to the KOM line. Going to start alternating between the two during the week and doing a lot more reps, if anyone is down for a pedal PM me.

What time of the day do you usually ride?

I’ve been wanting to do BM, Ainslie and Majura (alternating) for a couple of weeks now. I’ve never ridden any of them. I’m keen to join

Well my latest lecture only ever goes until 3pm so anytime after then. Usually around 4-5 but I’m flexible. Don’t like being out past 6:45 though because I get hungry. I’m free from 11am on mondays so will probably be doing slightly longer rides then (majura, stromlo, 8XBM repeats ect). Do you guys all work full time? What’s the earliest you could get to the bottom of Ainslie or BM?

Yeah full time and self employed = fucked for riding time.

I usually ride at 6-6:30am or 6-6:30pm :S

Except Sunday’s, sometimes I have a Sunday off

I work 8am-6pmish 5 days a week, so riding for me involves riding to and from work (apart from the days where I need a car for meetings). Then it is usually a ride at Stromlo on the weekend. I have only ever done Black Mountain once, and Ainslie once on a mountain bike during an event called ‘The Urban Polaris’, basically urban orienteering. I really don’t ride that much on the road.

Full-time also so weekends are best. But I do try to get out one night a week for the COGS ride. It’s on tonight if anyone wants to come. Meet at the carpark at the bottom of the arboretum at 6

Ouch!

Primo Roo smashing time, too.

Aeons, good call not riding into dusk… there is more than one story about people descending BM (and almost any other steep hill in Canberra) at dusk and destroying bike, animal and a lot of their person.

I am finding out that childcare pick-up/drop-off added into the day is crunching my time seriously, and so havent been riding at lunch at all… Still riding Friday mornings, though, 5:30 til 7:30 or so.