Carbon frames compared!

dammit!

I could go a little shorter in the TT but only just. Cervelo T4, Avanti pista evo 2 and the fuji track elite all have long TT short HT. the BT edge has a 55tt and a tiny HT but trying to get one of those at a decent price would be impossible.

Ahem

precise.

A hipster asking a bunch of hipsters about carbon track frames. This was never going to end well.

Get a Fuji or the felt or avanti.
Or keep what you have and get a new roadie.

Just bought a new road bike so that’s sorted. I was wondering if there is any big differences in them or if I’d even be able to tell the difference!

Edit: I’m guessing as is the case with almost any form of cycling, the bike makes very little difference.

Keep your BT, and make it fit you. Because your BT’s probably faster than any of these bikes.

Avanti Pista Evo 2’s are pretty hot though.

AvantiPistaEvo11.jpg

So I’m guessing this thread is a bit of a lost cause? No advice to be had?

Buy Look Ergostem. End thread.

Headtube to long is pretty hard to fix.

Also those Avantis are hot!

You’re saying even with a -35 degree stem it doesnt work, shiieett.

3t make an adjustable stem like the look, check the max adjustment.

Deeper drops?

Some guy in Sydney needs money for his holiday so you can probably pick up the ‘FUCK’ bike cheap. Race that in A-Grade!!

Don’t use drops for ITT or TTT, I wish the solution was that easy.

Fit is the biggest issue here but I’m also keen for a nice new bike to some extent.

Still no advice on how much difference e there would be between frames anyone ?

dropped bullhorns? or do you use aero extensions as well for full superman position?
Not sure of your setup but can you mount the extensions under the base bar to lower them i think some setups can do this

I have proper aero bars. Extensions can’t be mount under bar.

I have come to the conclusion that a new frame could be the best solution. I have a few connections that should be able to get me a new frame for the price I could sell my Stealth for which is kind of appealing, second hand frame for a brand new one!

Not much between those frames is say, but to be honest your body on the bike “ie” your fit is the single biggest aero advantage/disadvantage.

Get your self in a good position is more important over frame stiffness/weight/shape.

But this said how many itt/ttt are you planing on doing?

I had a lengthy discussion one night with a itt ttt champ all about how fit is a huge thing and even helmet choice.
Some riders ride head down so the sperm helmet was actually slower than a road helmet.

So that rider was put in a sprint track helmet.

He kept referring to the triangle between your hands, elbows and nose and to get this as compact as possible, either going long and flat (not a huge saddle bar drop)or short and compact (big drop)

But at the end of the day it sounds like you want a new bike so just dooo ittt.
I love the look of the new felts too.

I agree with Dayne, if you really want a new bike just do it, but it dosen’t get much better than a BT.

And yeah Dayne, aero helmets are so not worth it until you can ride a whole TT head up because the only thing that happens when you put your head down is you slow down. I was talking to a good friend of mine that’s been watching junior bike racing for a very long time and they said Leigh Howard in U17’s was the only junior he’s ever seen do a whole time trial without dropping his head.

Yeah I know all about getting a good position on the bike. It’s why I’m looking in to new frames.

I know I wont do any better than a BT, still super stoked on having one to be honest but a brand new frame is tempting.

I guess BT have set a certain benchmark and I just wondered if I’d notice any difference between my Stealth and any of the previously mentioned frames. I’m sure I wont, I’m thinking if anyone could it’d be BIG sprint guys not skinny enduro guys.

I would assume that performance in ITT/TTT would be mostly dependant on being able to get into not only an aero position but one where you’re “strong”. To that extent I’m sure that getting a custom steel built that puts you in that exact position would go quicker than a BT where you can’t. I’d say that unless your putting out monster watts than all those carbons are going to be much of a muchness and the Fuji’s look pretty slick. I’m actually contemplating getting one when I get back from Pirie