Carbon frames compared!

hey, who told you that you needed a shorter headtube?

Lower doesn’t always equal faster. Can you do any field testing? Powermeter + Adjustable stem to find the optimal position where the power - aero balance is best?

Also if the aerobars don’t allow you to get lower if that is indeed needed, I’d be looking for other bars before another bike. Unless you really just want another bike…

“Much of a muchness” exactly what I thought the difference would be between frames really.

Me, I’m uncomfortable in my current position.

Yeah I have investigated different aero bars, definitely an option. No “field testing” to speak of, I just know I don’t feel good in my current position. Also if I can have a nice new frame as apposed to an older one, well that’s tempts me to upgrade

Have you considered getting a proper bike fit on yr BT? Go see whoever Melburn’s equivalent of Steve Hogg is, spend a few hours looking at your position and what you can do to make you more comfy.
I know it’s not as sexy an option as getting a new bike, but could well result in you being faster and more comfortable for longer. And as everyone else is asking, are you really going to get a better bike than the BT?

Please disregard the above if you really just want a new bike, cos let’s face it, sometimes you just want a new bike regardless of the sensibleness of getting new bike.

don’t post again in this thread until you’ve gone and seen jason nichols at inspired orthotic solutions. sure, his pictures of the australian pursuit team all have scribbles on them, but when you look closer, those scribbles all say “thanks jason for all your help - we couldn’t have done it without you” and that kind of thing. tell him you’re uncomfortable, then let him tell you if you need a shorter head tube or not. he knows a lot more about it than you.

And there’s your answer.

Let’s lock this thread.

nah, coz really, it’s about this:

so let’s just turn it into this: hot high-end carbon track bikes.

i’ll start:

But seriously, I have seen nothing but weird shit set ups from Steve Hogg is he really any good.

This is pain cave and who did my fit.

But chances are he was fit by who Brendan suggested.

if they made these big enough, i would own one:

and also one of these:

He’s done fits and designed frames for me, Lorday, Brakefree and I think some others. Dude is a fucken weirdo but knows what he’s on about.

A guy came into a mates shop the other day with a Hogg fit,
30mm low and the bars higher than his saddle plus way back behind the bb.
Just seen weird things like that,
But if he works for you that’s all that matters.

I like Lasse Norman Hansen’s custom made Python until Ed Clancy hooked him and it hit the deck. Wasn’t seen for the rest of the omnium after that.

Oh and this.

^ Is it so hard to find a black crank and chainring?

I imagine finding Dura Ace FC-7710 cranks in black would be very hard.