Commuting Capers

awesome, now touch wood so you don’t get any more.

almost fell over today. unclipped my left foot but fell towards the right, had to lean on a car (apologized to the driver). still getting used to cleats, but overall i think they are better than straps

+1

Remember that pringles jingle? “Once you pop you can’t stop!”

Got another in the westside alleycat today, 2 minutes into the race…

i think you’re my doppelganger dude, same thing happened to me during the pervicat

Last night riding home with a mate down brunny st about 3 in the morning. Just riding along and talking, next thing I know I’ve been tackled to the ground and some guy is yelling at me. Stomps me once to the face and then twice to the back of the head as I roll over. My mate tries to push him off using his bike as a shield, the dude just walks off down the road. Really lucky I was wearing my helmet, its cracked in about 7 different spots. Bit of grazing on my hip and my elbow. Made a statement to the cops, can claim a helmet, phone and medical bills for it.
Fucking crazy night.

Shit man! that’s messed up, did the cops catch the dude?

cocaine’s a hell of a drug

nah not yet, he attacked some cabby who stopped as well

Riding to Northcote in the wet, tried to skid around a corner too fast and ended up on my arse sliding into the gutter. Woman in the car behind me pulled over, but instead of asking if i was ok told me it was ‘your fault for going too fast’

Nearly hit twice in 20m on Bourke St, had a lovely chat with the Helmet Lady at a tram stop whilst the adrenaline receded, then was nearly T-boned in Northcote.

Fuck you Melbourne drivers.

That’s fucked. I was walking down Johnston St at about the same time on Saturday night- came close to blows twice in one block. Passing the NightCat some fuckwit grabbed my (female) friend’s arse, after some tense words were had we left the scene and walked through a bunch of dudes who were all “Fuck off with your bike, hippy hour is over you ₪₪₪₪” etc etc etc. Get fucked, Fitzroy.

Damn. Fitzroy has changed. I lived on Napier St 2 years ago and I never had any incidents like this.

F?ck…was waved at twice today by people I knew, then someone else I only know a little bit tooted from their car and waved and smiled at me, and there were fvcken birds chirping in the trees, then some random B##ch slowed down to let me turn safely into a side street…what the F*ck?? F@ck you Beaumaris!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

On a 20min ride from Preston into Fitzroy the other day one driver almost over took me then merged left and damn nearly took me out, 2 cars didn’t see stop signs down St Georges Rd and I came very close to being car doored on Brunswick St. I really appreciated the beer at the end of that little joy ride…

got cleaned up by a car, but posted in missed connections already… i think i’m still “in shock”

Coming down Port Road in Adelaide today, my girl and i were sitting at a comfortable speed, no cars around, we’re in the bike lane, pedestrian crossing with lights ahead, we’ve got the green light, so theoretically the pedestrians should wait to cross… they start wandering across the road (3 lane road) in front of us. Even though they can see us and are crossing on a red man. Seriously, like 20-30 people just blindly walking across the road in front of two cyclists, expecting us to stop on a green light.

People are fucking stupid.

did you get a strike?? or at least a spare between the two of you??

Nah. We probably would’ve been the ones worse off.

Lots of yelling and swears (from us).

You should carry flares, and shoot them at pedestrians.
Wait a couple of weeks, I’ll design/manufacture a bar-mounted flare gun.
Shit’s gonna be so cash!