de rosa

I dont see the hype, that top tube looks pretty beat up.
I hope the high bidders check the new pics before going through with it, if it is legit.
Imaging paying over 2k for it and then opening the box to find it in that condition.

It is awesome (in the true sense of the word) how much you can polish a turd with the right camera angle. And I think this is a good lesson to show how deceptive low res photos on ebay can be, and how much they can hide the real condition of some goods. Those new photos do indeed make it look like it has been run over by a truck. As a self-confessed De Rosa fanatic I don’t think I would pay more than $500-600 for this frame in that condition.

I’d counter that this isn’t even NOS and has been ridden. In my eyes that is lying and misrepresenting the condition and item description.

I see many sellers with NOS frames that have clearly been built up (and probably ridden). That’s not NOS. The seller of the recent yellow NOS Cinelli Pista didn’t send me any pics of the track ends knowing that it would show a wheel has been fitted. These clowns just need to quit the bullshit.

Overall in extremely good condition

$2575 what are the odds of item being relisted?

especially with the winning bidder retracting 159 bids in the past 6 months

Might not be as dodgy as it seems.

Throwing a high bid in for a short moment lets you test the waters and ascertain the competition you are up against. Once you’ve seen the high bid, and cancel your bid you might know where to aim at.

Of course, it only helps gauge bids already entered. It’s just a tactic albeit flawed.

Edit: Missed out Sprito’s post totally.

Yeh, read through the other 6 pages of this thread. Spirito waxes lyrical on the beauty of De Rosa and other Italian frames.

This is ridiculous. I am seriously considering selling my Tommasini and buying a $1K pana frame and investing the rest in gold leaf and silver spoons.

Not worth it

De Rosa Primato 56cm - mid 90’s classic red. - eBay Road Bikes, Bikes, Cycling, Sport. (end time 08-Jun-10 22:35:43 AEST)