Deep V and b43

He is right, B43 is supposedly overkill. But its your choice

i’ve just bought a near new set of b43’s and am already thinkin that they’re not going to be what i want for the new build!!! thinkin something a bit more traditional/minimal/lightweight.

i mean, i need a frame first but think i’ll get rid of them when the time comes to finish the build…

being indecisive sux!!

i have a b43 on the front and a deep v on the back, simply because i couldn’t affford a back b43, goes pretty good, no problems yet. looks a bit weird… meh who cares.

i hear that if you run a b43 on the front it’s more aerodynamic than running it on the back.

If it were, the benefits would be so minor. Anyway, the weight of it would counter-act any aerodynamic benefits.

i hear that if you run B43s front and back it makes your dick look up to three inches bigger.

Fixed that for you
…True story

that’s why i bought mine mate, didn’t work out that way…
probably why i’ll get rid of them eventually! haha

Fixed that for me
… True story.

hahaahahhahahahahhahaahah

oh and yea, you need some self reassurance, it’s cool :slight_smile: Dw about it :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

B43’s are the Ed Hardy of Fixed Gear apparently.

(BTW I have one. Shameful I know)

Especially if you have one of those ones with images on it.

Yeah that’s right, a B43 weighs more on the front then it does on the back. True story.

how did you get a hold of next years fixed.org t-shirt design!?

Yep, because that’s exactly what I said…

B43 is a shit wheel- excessively heavy, no braking surface, poor build quality. The rim profile is shit too.
A B43 would only work if you built it up with 20 or 24H hubs & spokes as a means of bringing the weight down, but I don’t think they come in low spoke count drillings.

Deep V is a MUCH more sensible choice.

EDIT

The Velocity website says they can be ordered with 24H so it’s possible I guess…

Lightweight still wouldn’t solve the problem.

True.
The front weight might go from 1100grams to 1000grams…

Velocity rims in general are horrible anyway.