Dirty Deeds Urban Cyclocross Series.

I love Benzy.

O HAI Guyz!

Thanks for getting this started BB.

Sash - If brendan hasn’t already replied the HSV course is about 2ish km long. Standard Cx race rules apply with 45mins of racing +1 lap. We wont be pulling lapped people until the 45min mark to ensure everyone gets a good ride in. You will be fine and we would be very stoked to have you come out.

I strongly recommend having some spent some time offroad on your bike. What brendan said about reserving the right to bump people to the ‘novelty’ race applies. There are some people who have indicated interest (offline) who are good riders and have better things to do than have their riding cut short because someone didnt realise they couldnt brake properly on an off-camber corner. Even worse would be shortening someone’s season.

There will be barriers. You will most likely not be able to bunnyhop them (though we may have spot prizes for people who do so). I am making this course challenging, but a good entry to CX rather than a more MTB course.

THERE WILL BE MUD!

Even if you arent going to race you should come along, bring your favourite noisemaker and support/heckle.

I was going to say that Brendan hadn’t answered the question, but did want to make sure it wasn’t something that was totally out of the question for me to finish, let alone place well. I’ve done plenty of off road, hence being keen, won’t be on a CX bike, I be rocking my dually for the race and will spend every free minute I now have at Yarra bend doing trails for practice. I so don’t mind if you put me in the novelty category if you see fit. Hook me up with a license please!

sorry sash - i was too excited about you coming out to smash folks! there’s a license with your name on it, and in terms of fitness, you’ll be fine.

I,m going to need a 3 race too x.

i hope it’s a day like today, so i get to stand in a dry tent while you folks get all wet and muddy.

Bring on the mud mate.

benzy what you gonna ride?

A llama but he will have a nobby or 2!

haahahahahahahahah genuine lolz

Where to practice offroad? I’ve not done anything offroad other than bmx and mountain-biking.

If you live in Narre Warren then you’re riding distance from Lysterfield
http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/resources05/05_1413.pdf

There’s cross tracks there? the only time i’ve ridden there is when i’ve hired a bike from trailmix and ridden through the singletrack. Don’t know how I’d do that on a cyclocross bike.

Edit, I think I did the really difficult bit, looking at your link. I’ll go up to trailmix when I get the cross bike done and ask them where to go.
Thanks for the help Tom.

Singletrack is very doable on a cross bike, so long as you are prepared to fall off occasionally/catch Nikcee’s back wheel as he goes head over heals/be chased by bees, only to realise its Mckenny’s Chris King free wheel.

Most of it is easy on a cross bike. The stuff starting near trailmix especially.

trailmix were also thinking about running CX races. the guy there will be totally helpful.

Well, new chainring and then I’ll head straight up there.

If anyone wants to show me cx before these races start, I’ll be happy to pay them with beer/wine/cheese/fruit/hats.

a) i don’t understand your question.

and

b) have you heard of this awesome site that has videos that you can watch for free?

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Question will be rephrased.
Would anybody like to come to lysterfield lake park on their cross bike, and ride around said park with me, whilst sharing tips and their enthusiasm for a sport I’ve not partaken in so far? I will give them more than gratitude in repayment for such a time.