Every Day Carry - EDC

A small bladed knife can make all the difference for DIY roadside/trailside repair. It’s also proved pretty useful when out and about on errands/spontaneous park beers (especially as it also has a good bottle opener on it).

Mine stays in my bag, but it lurks in the depths and looks more like a combination bottle-opener/multi-tool.

A good mini flashlight can be handy but many of us are using decent enough removable front lights that its not as necessary.

Absolutely

I carry a Leatherman Micra everyday and it is one of the most useful tools I’ve bought. I also have a Spyderco Ambitious which I don’t carry that often because the laws suck, and the whole guilty until you prove otherwise with our knife laws is ridiculous. You can just see in this thread that a heap of people have been brainwashed to believe that knives are all dangerous, which is obviously not the case.
I would like to upgrade my Leatherman to something bigger, but at this stage it works for what I need it for.

Everyday-Carry is an amazing website, I love going through the archives.

I haven’t been brainwashed to believe all knives are dangerous, I just know that a lot of people are fucked.

Yeh man, this x1000.
I have the same feelings about cars.

The problem is, people that are fucked are going to carry something and use it in a dangerous way, whether or not it is illegal to.
Then the rest of the population, who could benefit from using a multitool or knife in their day to day life for tasks and not as a weapon, are disadvantage because Joe Blow who lives in the suburbs with two kids and a cute wife doesn’t want to get a criminal record for carrying a knife he used for cutting apples.

can cooks carry around knives? ie meat cleavers etc?

my EDC is wallet, phone. Weekends i add a watch.

Although lately ive been looking for this

Yeah, I know what your saying there, and I think that our generation (and later ones) will always consider knives as weapons. Growing up I always saw old dudes with a pocket knives attached to their belts or whatever, and there will always be that.

I don’t know, I’ve never needed a knife on my person recently, but I can see how they would be handy. I don’t see myself carrying one though.

But it’s just my opinion. I’m not trying to start anything. I’m saving that for SK’s next build thread.

When I was living in Stoke Newington in London (reasonable area, mind) a young woman got attacked and I think raped while going for a run around the local park early one morning. The Police did a sweep of the park and found literally hundreds upon hundreds of knives hidden in the bushes and undergrowth.

People are fucked.

Yep, gotta be in a locked case though (how that helps if the cook decides to stab somone i have no idea : )
Mrs FROG has a wide variety of potentially deadly “weapons” she used to carry on the train daily :stuck_out_tongue:

My fave is at the top of page 5. Gold.

WTF is it with the guys that carry both a gun… and a knife?

never bring a knife to a gun fight…and you can’t cut an apple with a gun.

Where did you source this information?

read it here, Police search powers on a knife edge
found more here, Victoria Police - Weapons Search Areas

quite like this one

I like knives. I have a few around the house for various tasks.

I used to think I was a closest hillbilly, but this website has eased my guilt.

Same here… I have multiple hunting knives, 4 x Leathermans of differing sizes, 2x single blade foldouts, 2x swiss army knives, shit, thats staring to add up… All justifiable though.

Interesting… thanks.

I am slightly less indignant given they use a metal detector. I had visions of “Hello mate… empty your pockets”

Haha I’m a chef and I like hand forged japanise knives so sharp you can shave with em…
I like swords too but I am yet to acquire any :wink: