favourite post ride beer

my favs are little creature pale ale on a hot sunday arvo, hoogarden on a winters night.

you got Mountain Goat over in WA? whats the fixed scene like over there?

Does Ginger Beer count?
If it does then my beer of choice is Bundaberg ginger beer!

coffee

in no particular order, hoogarden, coopers pale or goat pale :slight_smile:

what i’m really hanging out for is youngs double chocolate stout :smiley:
but not found any since heading home to AU

adhoc, i was intrigued by the double chocolate stout… for others, here it is from their website:

"Double Chocolate Stout (5.2% ABV)

Young’s Double Chocolate Stout has an intriguing twist. Chocolate malt and real dark chocolate are combined with Young’s award winning rich, full flavoured dark beer to craft a satisfyingly indulgent, but never overly sweet experience.

Pale ale and crystal malt, chocolate malt, special blend of sugars, Fuggle and Goldings hops, real dark chocolate and chocolate essence. "

what a strange sounding beer mate. i’d give it a shot though. :slight_smile:

nick

double chocolate stout is not for everybody, but its one of those magical combinations. :smiley:

not unlike triple fried egg, chili & chutney fried sandwiches. :slight_smile: magical.

coffee[/quote]

I’ll second the coffee.

But if I have to have a beer… it’d be a Mountain Goat stout.

Definitely coffee. But if it has to be beer: Delerium Tremens, and then a lay down on the floor. That stuff is magic.

I am a simple man…Melbourne Bitter for me.

Delerium Tremens is the belgium stuff yeah? with like 8%? i knocked one of those back pre-dinner and needed to sit down for a bit.

nice though

is there a belium beer under 8% ?

Best Belgium Beer is something called Pink Elephant…does very weird things to the brain.

Pink Elephant eh?

The logo for Delirium Tremens is a pink elephant… could they be the same thing? See: http://www.pascalkolkman.com/delirium/

It also does very strange things to the brain. Especially post-ride and pre-food! mmmm.

just bought a bohemian pilsner, fat yak pale, and a 3 ravens blond. spolit for choice.

whoa.

and the noobie award for digging up an old thread goes to…

4 year bump. :-o

(xbx beat me to it.)

haha four years later the conversation continues

3 ravens blond if i can choose anything or the 'ol melbourne bitter if im as poor as i typically am.

how the fuck does anyone drink a stout after a ride?

corrected.

but tried that 3 ravens the other day at robbies stein. good stuff. it’s from thornbury or somethign isnt it?

Dans and 1st Choice usually stock it these days. Not as great after the trip over here though.