favourite post ride beer

nice one. NL grolsch does taste better.

anyone know somewhere that stocks ‘Emersons IPA’ from NZ in adelaide? Been told it’s the shizzle.

Don’t they have that on tap at The Wheaty…? or is that another IPA?

James squire golden ale, and the mildura brewery range are great.

Nah. sold out. Its on the board though.
could use a coldie about now! It’s like a million frickin degrees outside.
are mildura the ones who sell in champs bottles?

…and beer should be made from hops, not wheat. That’s like ‘soy milk’.

e.g. Steinlager - water, yeast, barley and hops.

+1 on the Squire Golden Ale. On my fourth as I type.

Haven’t tried the Emersons IPA but I’ll keep an eye out. I’m a sucker for home country beers, choice eh?

Must nearly be time for the Monteiths Summer ale. Bring that ginger noise!

Beer is made from a combination of malt, hops, water and yeast. Malt can be derived from a variety of sources like barley, wheat, etc.

Pretty much all wheat beers will still use hops so I have no idea what you are talking about?

Me, I like anything that is on tap at the Royston in Richmond, or my own :wink:

just cracking a nice cold Morretti. damn, those italian buggers know how to make a hot weather beer. pre-ride/post work beer though.

stella on tap over here is really nice IMO, but in stubbies it’s shit, you should see the effort that goes into replicating stella over here, AU is the best country in the world for replicating it-changing that water from soft to hard (wtf) etc. But apparently the difference your tasting from imported Vs brewed here is the ageing process that takes place in the beer while it’s been imported, dramatic changes in temp artificially speed up the ageing process of beer.

however i haven’t tasted the stuff over there so i can’t compare it.

corona is the opposite you really do want the stuff with Foster’s on the back becasue the other shit that’s been all around the globe before it gets here is invariably flat and catty, becasue corona is such a week piss beer in a clear glass.

P!N20 if you have actully drunk a westvleteren i may just kill you out of jelousy

this beer is literally the hardest beer in the world to buy, its the second oldest trappist(i think) in the world

and you have to join a 2 year waiting list to be bale to buy that stuff from the monistery it self, only after giving over the licence plate details of the car you are going to go to brewery and pick it up in,

and then there is of course geting it of ebay which happens every now and then i hear,

but as for my super beer snobby post ride beer top 5
in no perticular order
coopers red
silly saisons
chouffe n’ice
hoegarden grandcrue
trappist roeshfort 6

Ha ha! You got me, I haven’t had it. When I was living in London a mate and I were all set up to take a day trip down to Belgium to get some. I rang the brewery (well in advance) to reserve some, but they didn’t have any available for that day! I wish now that we just went down to the brewery to have some from the tap, but that would have been unfair to my mate who was the designated driver. The two year waiting list is a myth, but they have very specific rules for ordering and how much you can reserve, etc, etc. And yes, they take your license plate number so they know who you are! (So riding down wasn’t an option.) I’ll get there one day.

So perhaps I was being a bit cheeky putting it on my favourite beer list, but with the reputation it has and its no.1 position on ratebeer.com, who am I to argue?

I wouldn’t buy it from ebay, that’s just wrong.

you cheeky :evil: putting a beer you haven’t tried on your list.
so the chimay wouldn’t come close to this?

is it just becasue it’s so exclusive it’s good?

I think that’s definitely part of it. Who’s going to go to all that effort and then say it was just average?!

Just check the comments on ratebeer.com, keep in mind those motherfuckers are hard to please!

beeradvocate.com is the better site in my opinion

if you want the closest possible beer you can get to westverterin get the st. bernards abt 12, its brewed in the same area form the same water source and using the exact same recipe in a brewry about 5 km away

the chimays are good trappists but nothing beat’s the roshfort range, the 10 will literally make all others beers seem inadequate for the rest of your life

just been cruising around the melb cbd for about an hour and now enjoying a coopers red in the workshop beer garden, awesome

I do a fair bit of homebrew myself and I do get in the whole seasonal beers. One that I made in the past was a christmas style beer. So I started off with a chocolate stout then added some herbs + spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves) and orange peel. It had a pretty good taste to it.

I am all about trying different beers though. I am not wedded to one particular beer. When I was down in Melbourne I came across a rad bar in the St Kilda area called ‘The Local’ and it was awesome… so much choice.

In Canberra we have a local beer called Zierholz www.zierholz.com.au so if you are ever in the area, you should give it a go. His beers are all german styled.

I’ll probably get shot for not being boutique enough but Cascade Green is dam good on a hot day, or any day for that matter. Oh and Dr Dan’s beers are always top notch :smiley:

BOAGS DRAUGHT FTW

Definitely Stone’s ginger beer for me… So refreshing at the end of the day

Hey so where can i get the st bernards abt 12? and is that out of the roshfort range or is that a seperate beer again?

Coopers vintage is one to try.