Film Thread

yep, a bit dissapointing. Nicely shot and such, but same old same old.

Everyone who enjoys film NEEDS to watch “The Room”
it is by far and away, the WORST film of all time… It has been dubbed the Citizen Kane of bad movies after all.

If you see this even once you will appreciate unfathomably, every other movie you ever watch.

on a more serious note…
Shadow of the Vampire, Sid And Nancy, Control, the Evil Dead series, The Toxic Avenger, Surf Nazis Must Die, Class of Nuke Em High, Nosferatu, everything by George A Romero, 24hr Party People are just a few that spring to mind… I always forget to mention most of the films I love because I have a genuinely terrible memory

It’s got a cinema re release here, I saw it advertised at Nova last night…

This man has taste and wisdom. Sure I love Tarkovsky, Cassavetes etc, but give me Caddyshack anyday.

Now to flip things around, “movies I won’t watch because everyone says you should”.

Shawshank Redemption

^^^ avatar

fuk off

+1 for each…as well as “Harry Potter and the Multi-Million Dollar Franchise Adventures”

Ok everyone quit ragging on the sweet movies.

I love film, its up there with coffee and bikes for me… But i’m not a film snob, i watch different genres and grades of movies depending on what i’m in the mood for.

All time favourites list would melt my brain, but recently i’ve enjoyed:

Exit Through the Gift Shop
Youth in Revolt
A Prophet
Black Dynamite
Bronson
Bunny and the Bull
Micmacs
Harry Brown

hell yes, I refuse to watch this because it doesn’t appeal to me in the slightest, and I shant be swayed by the masses who tell themselves 'it must be good, ‘cause everyone else is watching it’…

See, i used to be like that. I’ve since relaxed a bit. Yes, the story line was shit, yes the script was awful. But it was stunning visually, which is what all the hype was about in the first place. On that level, then, it was a success.

+1 for everything hmc has posted in this thread

recently i watched gigantic with glorious zoey dechanel or however you spell her name, i have no idea why 500 days f summer was her bigger film last year gigantic was easily superior… especially when you see her highly shadowed, out of focus boobs in the reflection in the pool… but seriously its worth watching

as well as watching the latest star trek and kick arse, both surprised me by being entertaining, i thought they would both be a waste of time, although i am still lost as to why eric banna keeps getting cast in these big american movies!!!

If you didn’t see Avatar in 3D at the cinema, I wouldn’t bother watching it now.
I enjoyed it because of all the other stuff besides the script. I wouldn’t watch it again though, once was enough.

Last night I watched Goodfellas. I have seen it alot, but still enjoy it greatly.

I also just bought tickets to see Exit Through The Gift Shop, which I will see tomorrow night on a hot date aka girlfriend hours.

This is why it didn’t and still doesn’t appeal to me in the slightest.

Good show!

has to be the best opening line ever.

“All my life I wanted to be a gangster”

Ong bak 2 (2008)

gf said she spotted the ending a mile away. I didn’t care, Tony Jaa could have made a film about mushrooms so long as there was some fighting action.

Män som hatar kvinnor (2009)

I hadn’t read the books and didn’t know what to expect. A wee bit violent.

I haven’t read more than a page in this thread so maybe this is a repeat, but everybody should watch Let The Right One In.

Best film I have seen in maybe ever.

Dead Man’s Shoes is good too.

I’d rather eat a bowl of dicks than watch Avatar.

I’ll supply the bowl…

watched Fritz Lang’s Metropolis this week. 1927 silent German film, and rather amazing