Handlebar ID

Ok. Might need to start a new thread at a later date, I don’t want to get too off course, but it looks like I can’t help myself.

Whats a good shifter option?

I have some Raleigh North Road bars… never fitted. Id sell them for not much. They have loads of rise and sweep though.

When you Google “shimano r550 brake” then click images what do you think it shows you?

Blakey’s Rawland rSogn

It shows you Shimano r550 brakes.

Wait, is this a trick question?

You should be googling BL-R550. The non series R components need a prefix to denote which it is. BL = brake lever, BR = brake. BR-R550 = touring cantis, BR-R600 = medium reach dual pivot caliper.

As for my Rawland, good tags = good search results. I think those are Rooster’s photos with my spec list.

Ah Blakey, taggin’ all over cyberspace.

Wow, everyone’s woken up in a bad mood here. :frowning:

Back to priest bars for a second, the pair I held in my hands last weekend had an ugly bulge either side of the clamp area (at least one pair in that pics on velobase seem to have them as well). Not the sort of place you want irregular bulges on your bars IMO. Im sure someone will give irrefutable proof that this isn’t an issue in any way, but it looks fucking ugly. I’d be paying less for another bar that serves the same purpose and has a better finish.

We need Spizza to post some pics.

I still think those Nitto are rockin’.
Does anyone here have a set and can give some feedback?

Here goes another stupid question from me…sorry

Should the place where your hands hold on these type of bars be horizontal with the ground?

Set them up however you feel comfortable… They’re your bars.

Shit yeah! Winning at the Internet.

I’m after a set of swept back bars in silver with at least 17cm grip area, ~60cm + wide, 24.5mm clamp. I have the MAP / Ahearne bars and they don’t have enough grip area, nor do the Tokyo Bike bars I was planning on using or any of the Velo Orange bars.

Ultimately I’d like the Sim Works Get Around Bar, but I’ll wait til I’m in Tokyo to buy that. Any other recommendations?

Not the sushi, but you can also rule out Jitensha bars/Nord East bars - they are much shorter!

jln buy my priest bars i just listed

Thanks for the heads up.

As much as I’d love OG Cinelli Priest bars, they’re pretty much exactly the same as my MAP bars, so no good. And would be out of my price range too.

If on-one shipping wasn’t ridiculous then fleegle in silver 25.4 would be great.

UK freight forwarder? they are only ~$10 a set.

or user rambler has those simworks bars, doubt he’ll sell but.

Yeah, what’s up with that On One shipping?!?! $98 on a bar that is on sale for $6.90. Crazy.

Got a mate up here in Brissie that contacted me yesterday asking if I wanted to get anything from On-One as he was making a purchase from them. Can add those bars to the order if you want?