Heavymetal's commuter bike manifesto

Prolly true …

Here’s a pic of a Vitus 650b porteur with mega rake forks fail. Tyres are too fat for the chainstays … I was keen to give it go, just because. I’ve conceded defeat for now.

^ want to seel the rack Spirito?

already put it up before, but fits in here

Imgur

in case youre wondering i have the image stuff below, with address where computer says put address n all… but nothing happen. why so hard? why flickr change? why me?

[

Blakey Edit: Click share this, then grab the html/bbcode, then the bbcode radio button, then copy the text in the window. Also, your BJ’s are hott.

[URL=“http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3319/3183084975_e694b914d7.jpg”]](http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnopower/3183084975/)
bob jackson super tourer rohloff by johnopower, on Flickr

from the good folks at Commuter Cycles … VO Porteur Rack - Racks - Racks & Decaleurs - Accessories

I love Velo-Orange.
I blame Blakey.

I’ve got a bone to pick with the guy who built the back wheel…I took it for a 25km shakedown this arvo and every third spoke in the back wheel loosened itself to the point I had to nurse it home. Not happy (with that, but otherwise, very happy).

You can’t blame Blakey - dude’s like Jesus, 'cept less hairy and far smarter :wink:

omg, major lolz…

Sure they look nice, but they appear to bend pretty easily when you drop your chain and hit the deck as I found out about 20 minutes ago.

I set 'em up…

Stickied for awesomeness … and so I can easily find the thread when my sweet commuter / porteur is finally built up. Hopefully it’s sweet.

what the fuck is a nitting circle?

It’s where you sit around and pick nits out of each other hair, kind of a mix between what monkeys do and circle jerking.

but more expensive !!!

Surly LHT, Nice Racks, Brooks B17, Carradice panniers, trailer and small boy.

Daily rider, occasional tourer/S24O’er.

Finally got a shot of the Paconi Beardo in full affect. Had a go at growing a beard over Xmas but it wouldn’t work…

Paconi Custom Tourer ( used to be my CX)
C-Record Hubs re spaced to work with Shimano Barends.
Velo Orange Stem, headset and Fenders
W.I. VBC cranks
and some other good shit on it as well! Need through on some racks and take this on some overnight trips in Melbourne. Who is keen?

You need a VO setback post by the looks.

Tubus make good strong Cr-Mo racks.

My new commuter from the Degani liquidation auctions. Carbon Flat bar with Sram Force gruppo and Mavic Aksium wheelset. It is great fun to ride. Needs mudguards and racks but they will come!

Bit of a mixed bag.

Cannondale Capo mostly for commuting. Lacks foot retention ATM because I commute in thongs one real hot days (which has been pretty much the past 2 months in Perth)

Blk Mrkt Riot for dirt jumping/street/walking the dog around the block:

Redline Monocog 26er for hacking around/commuting/bushwhacking:

You ride fixed in thongs?! is it just me who thinks that thats a bit fkn retarded? I mean surely thats a recipe for disaster - bare feet so close to an uncovered crankset running fixed.

photo Sheldon Brown