hottest 100 prediction thread

yeah…Probs Mumford and sons…I dunno

Something typically boring perhaps??? trashy, throwaway electro that only hipsters and scenesters might listen to. JJJ IS THE FKNG PITS!! ‘‘WE LOVE AUSSIE MUSIC’’ (???) I THINK NOT!! How does playing the new Placebo song 10 times a day support Aussie music? A commercial radio station without commercials.
…But since you asked dear old bean, ‘I am the Supercargo’, The Drones. This is my vote and not my tip for number 1.
…oh yeah… How about the hottest 100 of all time? I curiously tuned in and nearly threw up all over my favourite Kappa traksuit when i heard Smells Like Teen Spirit won. BAHHHHHHHHHH!!! Countdowns, awards , battle of the bands etc. Its not fkng sport!!! Its about personal taste and expression.
P.S
I love you

I always vote for Obituary.

Maybe RATM will take it out! BBC News - Rage Against the Machine beat X Factor winner in charts

Its still the best radio station goin around.
If you could filter out all the hairy vagina/nimbin junk which takes up 80% of PBS and RRR then they would dominate but those stations are only good when there is a good program on.
JJJ’s no advertising, ABC News, lack of Nickleback, live music, house party and abundance of Sam Simmons puts it in #1 spot. Tom and Alex is probably gonna give me the shits tho but at least dools has fucked off.

But hey thats my personal opinion, just hope not many Nova listening suits vote in some Lily Allen, Mumford, Muse Commercial junk.

radio national or gold fm for me these days. if i wanna listen to doom, underground hiphop or grind i put on a record.

I don’t mind JJJ but listening to Sam Simmons makes me want to kill myself.

i got halfway through voting and closed it…
too much terrible songs to sort through

agreed, but i also like classic FM. dependable. and, while most musical genres follow sturgeon’s law (90% of everything is crap), with classic i feel like it’s a bit closer to 80%.

i remember when my small country town first got triple j. we were all really excited. a week later we went back to listening to records. such a severe disappointment.

+1 and lol’ing

this.

though JJJ didn’t hit Perth til i was 15 or so.

i remember having a penpal in Melbourne called Fiona who used to send me tapes of shoes and whatnot she had recorded off PBS and RRR.

pretty mind blowing hearing some of that stuff for the first time.

I dont listen to radio, unless its radio national.

noone plays the music i listen too so theres no point.
JJJ’s playlist is rubbish but then again so is most Australian music at the moment.
The last time Australian music was good was in the early to mid ninties, then it died.

I don’t listen to the radio either. And I think you have to go back earlier than that. Ironically I was listening to The Sports this morning - Who Listens to the Radio?

housemate had triple j on last night. 4 really shitty things i’d never heard, followed by grinspoon. GRINSPOON! i thought that cunt died of an ice overdose years ago.

i made her turn the radio off.

The Meanies, The Hard-Ons, Kim Salmon and The Surrealists, Beasts of Bourbon (80s-90s), Laughing Clowns (80s), TISM (80s-90s), Cosmic Psychos, Tumbleweed, Dave Graney.

actually considering all of those bands formed in the eighties, i guess the eighties were the best time for Australian music.

oh and fuck Grinspoon, Thirsty Merc, Eskimo Joe, and The Living End they are fucking rubbish bands, who honestly listens to that shit, specially the one who did ‘black fingernails, red whine[sic]
such forgettable music, its like filler until someone good comes along

listening to hat of the gods now. i love the meanies.

LOL! Half the arguments I am hearing here I have also heard from my Parents and Grandparents about the music of today! “That band just sounds like X”, “In my day…”, Go reminisce about Robert Smith throwing up on you in the front row somewhere else.

Why do a bunch of washed up 30+ punk rockers think their opinion matters about what is played on the youth radio network? Don’t you think that you’ve had your day in the sun and now it’s time for the iGeneration to have their go?

I understand your position.

but

its not that the young-uns are making new and strange music i dont understand (which is the arguement that the oldies make) Its that music at the they (thirsty merc etal) are making, is very middle of the road, its not NEW music, its old music done badly. good songwriting doesnt age.

also, the musicians i am refering too (Eskimo Joe etal) are about my age and the record execs are older than me, so its not a generation gap more of a talent gap.

sometimes bad music, is just bad music.

you do realise the dude who decides what gets played is 50 odd years of age right?

prediction- it will suck balls

kids today