Hunt 1000

The roll out is going to be awesome.

Whiskey please…

You’ll have a great hangover the next day, I speak from experience.

Er, Rolly?

I’ve still got half a bottle of Bookers, though if I move into the new place beforehand, it’ll definitely be getting consumed at the house warming party

So the house warming is the night before. Wuddaguy!

Haha could possibly happen. That’d actually make a pretty rad party.
e don’t know exactly when settlement could be, just that it could be between 30 and 255 days.

Just a public service announcement.

This is Canberra to Melbourne, not Melbourne to Canberra. Those of you who were going to be going to Melbourne and riding to Canberra would be very lonely from day one… until you briefly cross paths with the people who are going the correct way, then you will be lonely again.

Now you know… SEB THIS IS FOR YOU!

Bahaha

Oh boy

Eh, I’m a busy guy, sometimes I read things too quickly.

I have decided I am in for this. Thinking of catchin the train ( not sure if that means havin to box up the bike??) But if there were others who wanted to hire a van and drive it one way to Canberra that might be cheaper/easier.

If anyone wants to come up early, you’re welcome to my garage, tools and backyard (to camp in). Sorry I don’t have spare bedrooms to offer. We can share the BBQ and beers.

I’ve caught the bus with my bike to and from Melbourne before. It was a PITA getting taxis with the giant bike bag/or box the first few times so now I just post it back and forth with Pack and Send for $40.

FWIW If your just travelling with bike packing stuff then it wouldn’t be hard to travel with it by bus to Canberra (I’ve done this a couple times) just assemble it at the other end and ride off. It doesn’t really need to be stupidly well packed as you can load it under the bus yourself and it won’t get thrown around or moved significantly until you get off at the other end.

You still have to box your bike for the train, such a stupid rule, does the train actually go thru Canberra?

Nope, you need to catch a bus from Yass.

I took it once and it sucked. Cheaper to simply fly to Cbr, lol

Sorry to clarify I was referring to the train to Albury - bus to Canberra vline service (can get $<30 ticket). The train to Yass is stupid and no one I know uses it.

Oh yeah. Silly me assuming there is train direct between the capital and the second largest city! Must have forgotten I was in Australia. Think I will fly.

Is there a mitfahrgelegenheit equivalent in Australia? You’d think there’d be some people driving between CBR and MEL fairly regularly who wouldnt mind driving someone + a bike?