Jens Voigt to attempt hour record

I can imagine ‘one’ would be great to listen to while slogging it out on a great climb

^ yes, and followed with ‘Battery’ on the descent

Seeing that playlist made me hope he chokes

TC: I thought you were horatio when you said that (sorry horatio)

Metallica “Turn the Page”

FML

Warmup
• REO Speedwagon “Keep on Loving You”
• Brian Adams “Summer of 69″
• Journey “Wheel in the Sky”
• Air Supply “Making Love out of Nothing at All“

I mean, seriously, wtf is wrong with the guy? If he fails, let it be on the head of soft rock.

//youtu.be/wJzNZ1c5C9c

‘Ok, ready for one of the most gruelling athletic endeavours of all time now’

guffaw!!

tell us how you really feel hamish!!

lolz, and let’s not forget fkn Europe. Talk about a deterrent. Chapeau if he does set the new record with that.

Yeh, but we thought that about Polly at one stage.

^ Pity he’s not, following the recommendations from the music thread would do him some good

Ride the lightning…sorted

Job done.

^ I’m going to buy an Reo Speedwagon album.

Looks like the power ballads worked
Voigt breaks world hour record | Cyclingnews.com

Good on him.

I happened to be awake at 3am. Got onto the UCI Youtube and watched about 6 laps around the 15 minute mark, then rolled over and went back to sleep.

Nice to see someone very popular setting the benchmark for this new round of attempts. Hopefully we’ll see Martin, Cancellara and Wiggo come out and give it a bash in the near future.

Imagine having to commentate for an hour on a guy riding solo round a velodrome. I’m not sure even Hamish and Brenno could make an hour record attempt sound exciting.

It’s all about the jokes. If you can make CX sound interesting anything is possible

Woke up to see the last 15 laps, was pretty rad to see. Interested in seeing SRM data.

Can someone explain the ‘UCI relaxed rules’ thing?