looking for some recommended headphones

I very rarely wear head phones when riding, and when I do, it’s usually when I’m riding home late at night and there’s not much traffic. I don’t feel comfortable riding with them in traffic. But that’s just me.

In saying that, I found that some in-ear Sony I got from Harvey Norman ones work the best for riding.

I turn the music down when i come into a town, when im parking and when im flying through the hills and need to concentrate.

but i have better shoes

Been using these for the last 3 years during exercise, motorcycle commuting and now riding, but only one ear in while on two wheels cos I still like to hear what’s going on. Never had a problem with them falling out and they’re infinitely better than the ipod ear buds.

Etymotic ER6i are the bomb, used to be really pricey but now you can pick them up on evil for around $110 new.

but not the best for riding cos they block out EVERYTHING. no point having good earphones if they can’t block out all ambient noise.

no point riding if you can’t hear what’s happning around you either.

I’d like to be still using these. they run off my phone but the bluetooth module in the phone carked it so now I need a new phone to drive them. they’re pretty rad. you can have the phone pretty much any where on your person and no leads. and you can pull the microphone arm out if you don’t want to look like captain kirk. though if you leave it in you can take calls whilst keeping to hands on the bars.

now I’m using buds. the trick is to don them before your helmet and then you have less chance of a fatal entanglement incident occuring and if you purposely pop them out they hang around in a handy location to reinsert.

$5.85 pair of ear huggers from big w have been doing me well working on the road for a year or two.
Get decentish sound but you can still hear the traffic.
Nice and cheap so when the cable eventually wears out it’s not hard to get another.

If you want big good headphones tho seinhouserenenes 215’s are my headphones of choice.
Not thin like those pissy little 212’s.

Alessandro Music series, over the head opens, so I can hear the world and my music at the same time. They sound great for anything that doesn’t have massive bass.
Grado 90 - 120’s would be about the same, think they cost $130.

i have a pair of alessandro ms-1’s at work. open air so i can still here everything happening around me in the office. only prob is anyone close enough to me can hear what i’m listening to. they could be good to ride in but don’t think they’d fit well under a helmet. also have a pair of etymotic research er-4p’s. Amazing sound and isolation!

how about this one?
this is a so much better than a headphone :mrgreen:
check http://mashsf.com/store.php

tldr btpool? it’s on page 2 :stuck_out_tongue:

ops sorry my bad
didn’t see it :-o

i got these:

and i got these:

have had the sennheisers for about 5 years and they’re still good. they’re good for work, as they’re open and i can generally hear when someone is bitching about me.

digging this up…

Polk UltraFit 2000 Headphones White Orange AM2104-A
Anyone running these? or even seen 'em?

Digging this up again.

My lovely wife is buying me some noise cancelling headphones. I think I have to pay her back. Anyway, anyone here own any? I borrowed some Beats by Dr. Dre when I went to the US last year and they worked really well, but they’re Beats by Dr. Dre and I’m not paying $400 for them.

So, any suggestions? Been looking at Bose and Sony, leaning towards the Bose ones.

For flying?

I’ve been using a set of Jabra’s for years, work fine. Think there’s better options out there now.

Yeah, occasional “DJing”, but mainly flying.

I’ve been really happy with my Audio Technica ATH-ANC7 but also love the etymotic passive in ear buds for shot flights

sennheiser hd25 if you plan to use them in a club

mine are almost 15 years old, been through 4 sets of pads and they still sound perfect, about 5 of those years being abused at very high DB 2 or 3 nights a week

i just got some sennheiser ‘buds’ for about $16 and they are amazing too, considering the price

Are the Sennhesiser noise cancelling? What i could see they’re not. I’m only after active noise cancelling headphones.