Lorday's lawn mower thread.

Lorday is the lawn mower guru at my local bunnings. I’m taking his word for this, because I’ve never actually seen him there.

Better than buyacell.org.au.

This was in 2002. no idea which engine or anything we only heat treated the cranks.
I don’t know that it would be better than a race car but you could be more confident that it would actually achieve all its design parameters. we actually sacrificed one crank per batch for testing, which is a bit hard to do for motorsport stuff that comes in batches of 1 :stuck_out_tongue:
This was my introduction to vickers microhardness traverses… ahhh memories

Blakey - my Grandpa has a Scott Bonnar 40 series reel mower that goes alright. My lawn is not worthy though.

my old man still runs a scott bonnar, it is sick

My lawnmower looks like this:

I got it off ebay for $100. Put some Singer Oil in the oil ports, got a mate to sharpen the blades, and it works like a charm.

It’s stamped “1918” so if when it hits it’s hundredth birthday I’m going to throw a garden party to celebrate.

[edit: I wish I was hipster-trolling alexb618, but this is actually true.]

dont make me go around there and take a pic of dad’s mower

Just saw this, thought it was fitting for here.

I hope he put a saddle on the seat post tube before he sat on it…

Proof enough for you?!

I don’t know what a Power Garden is but I think i need one

I always thought it was some obscure genre of music.

tate still for sale? could you hold on to it till mid/late november??? would be keen.

also lorday im looking at getting a mitre saw, jig saw and a sander for some projects ive been meaning to start for about 2 years now.
i already have a pretty decent bosch drill. (1191VSRK 1191VSRK | Bosch)
i dont want anything cordless.
was looking at the bosch/mikita/dewalt stuff.
any recomendations?? that wont blow the budget out completely?? ($400 max on the mitre saw $150 max on the jigsaw and sander)

It is still for sale, Gene, and I can hang onto it til end of Nov.

I know this probably doesn’t help with the mitre saw but the new cordless stuff from dewalt/milwaukee/hitachi etc - the 18v stuff - is sick. Big initial investment but my experience is once you go cordless you don’t look back…(unless you want some serious drilling or grinding power).

I have also used the 12v stuff (milwaukee) - an impact driver - and it was well up to the task.

Dewalt 18v cordless kit 4 lyf.

This.

Also Makita 18v is excellent too.

cordless.org.au

Cordless is just so…zen. All the hipsters are doing it I hear.

Saw a cordless Milwaukee mastic gun once when I was a site manager in London. The ‘masticman’ dude reckoned he got RSI from years using the manual mastic guns. A pretty well paid job that. Paid by the metre and they’re only laying it on for a minute or 2. He had an assortment of tapered timber persuaders/wipers/doovas and a spray bottle with water/detergent mix to tidy up the dodgy bits.

I own Milwaukee and have used Dewalt…Dewalt wins imo.