Motorbikes chat

I went looking, but didnt find a topic for motorbikes and think I cannot be the only one riding.

After a couple of years on the stands in my garage, I dusted off my old thumper and got it running. It’s currently in the shop getting a once over.

1992 Suzuki GSXR 1100

I do have a couple more historic race bikes.

This is a 1970 Suzuki T250 which I first raced last October at the Mt Tarrengower historic hillclimb.

The 3rd is a 1988 Honda RS125 GP bike that I need to rebuild as it was sitting after a short racing career in Japan.

5 Likes

oh yes!

Recently sold my Ducati Scrambler that i had a for a few years.

Before that i hadnt ridden in a long long time, had sold my bike when my oldest was born back in 2008

In reverse chronolgical.

2007 R1 - Post rebuild after a highside at Barbagallo

Barbs

Barbs pre highside

Track and Road trim

Eastern Creek before moving to Perth

2002 R1 at the creek

SBK school at the creek

Oran Park

Had also owned a few others before, but didnt really ride ride.

2000 GSXR750
1999 R6
1989 CBR250R (the screamer learner!)

4 Likes

I’ve always loved the design and look of Yamaha motorcycles, I’ve always wanted an FJR1300 for touring purposes but now at 66, I think if I get one now I might have issues with their weight however all is not lost, my 2nd favourite bike is totally different but similar in a way, both built and designed for touring yet one is not too afraid of verging off the beaten track so this is the 2nd model of Suzuki 650 V-Stroms I’ve had, the first I bought in 2012, a slightly used 2007 model,it was a great bike untill I was destined for a hip replacement back in very early 2020 just before the pandemic hit.

After 3 years without a motorcycle, I thought before my hip replacement that I’d probably never ride again but a later move to Albury NSW, just besides the awesome playground of the Snowy Mountains, the urge returned…so…I bought my 2nd V-strom to see how I’d go riding again and last May it took me 3200kms without even leaving NSW on a 2 week trip from Albury, Parkes, Inverell, grafton, Gunnedah, Gulgong, Newcastle and back to Albury…the bike loved it, I loved it and at no time in the trip that I wished for a bigger more powerful motorcycle, the only thing that would top off the V-strom would be a Cruise Control but not a biggie…I’ve done 7-9hour trips before without my hand dropping off lol.

3 Likes

My motorcycles went when my partner was pregnant with our first who is now 26. About 27 years ago.

Occasionally I miss them but pretty infrequently. I am happier riding bicycles now.

RG250, 1100 wire wheeled katana (the one I miss the most), RZ350, GSXR750, DR500, GSX1100, postie bikes x2, YZ250, CBR900 was the last. 100kmh in first and on the back wheel just on the power. Probably a good thing they are gone. :face_with_peeking_eye::joy:

That R1 would have been fast Jase!

3 Likes

Down the straight and into turn 1 at Eastern Creek was probably the fastest and most scared ive been, mind boggling to know the pros do that throttle wide open!

Looks like youve had a good mix of bikes there warty! 2 strokers, singles, crotch rockets!

Ive been looking at building something a little slower pace, specifically an older 600 shadow, im thinking rigid frame, suicide shift, mini apes!

2 Likes