Naked Fillet Brazed Perkins 853

I’ve been riding this for well over a month now after picking the frame up off eBay. Huge thanks to Shifter Dan for the wheel build and assembly. It weighs nearly 2kg’s more than the Cannondale Six13 it replace but i couldn’t give a shit. I think its about as close as its going to get to perfect for me, although I wouldn’t mind picking up an Enve carbon fork if i get the chance.

Frame: 58cm Perkins Reynolds 853. A added some pearl to the clear coat which is only really noticeable in the sun.
Wheelset: China 50mm carbon clinchers to Circus Monkey hubs
Tires: Challange 27’s or Veloflex 23’s
Bars: 42cm 3T Rotundo Pro
Stem: 120mm 3T Team. I removed the majority of the branding and changed the red stripe to black.
Headset: Chris King
Shifters: Campagnolo Record 10
Saddle: Smud carbon. 70g of crazy.
Seatpost: Ultra-light
Crankset: Rotor 3D
Bottom bracket: Hope stainless
Brakes: KCNC CB1
Derailuers: Campagnolo Record 10

Raw steel finish and china carbon, a man after my own heart. Are those Swisstop yellow pads? If so how do find em on the chinarella rims?

Superfuckingcool

No complaints. They are some of the quietest pads I’ve tried and stop as well as anything else.

10/10

Beautiful, so industrial.
Can you tell me some more about the saddle?

So good! What’s the final weight??

This is so good! Love it. Heaps. Well done! You must be stoked.

Here’s his site smud-carbon saddle

Really nice quality saddle and good value but the wait is ridiculous. I ordered mine on the Easter long weekend and only just received it this week.

8kg on the dot with the Fizik saddle, so just under 8kg with the Smud.

Saw this in the flesh at Roobaix. Very very impressed. When you told me that you’d simply cleared the naked frame I was at somewhat dubious but having seen it built up I reckon you nailed it. Definately my favourite build on FOA for as long as I can remember. Would love one of those early 00s Perkos.

Perfect in every way !! Wouldn’t change a thing. Awesome looking bike.

Don’t worry about the weight of the steel fork. You could only half fill one of the water bottles for a greater weight saving - much cheaper than an Enve :wink: I’d much rather a solid well handling fork and keeping the ride balanced.

Dat slammed stem! Super nice build.

I rode Slinky’s CX bike with an Enve fork for the Roobaix. Those forks are the dogs bollocks - it felt as responsive and solid as any quality steel fork I’ve ridden. Just sayin’.

Awesome J-man, looks so tough.

Sooooo good dude

Remember the eBay auction and being glad someone snapped it up to save me from myself…

Love the frame and build.

Yep. So nice.

fuck. fuck. fuck.

BOTY for me, gonna be hard to top in my eyes.

fuck. fuck. fuck.

BOTY for me, gonna be hard to top in my eyes.

The only thing that could beat it is the same bike but with internal cabling, i hate that external shit on the side of the top tube