New Buyer's Guide.

just skidded through my back tire, can i get some suggestions on a decent tire, to replace it?

you, my friend, should use the search function. thousands of threads on this topic.

Let me paraphrase…

If you skid a lot, tyres wear out quick.
If you skid a lot, buy cheap tyres.

Clipless Pedals. I’ve used Shimano SPDs all my life, M646, 520, 540, etc for mtbing and fixed. I wanted to try something different - the ones i’ve had for 5yrs now and need to be replaced. I’ve thought about Crank Brothers Egg beaters and Time ATAC’s. Anyone with some experience with all of them to compare them? or if you’ve tried and like only one tell me how they are, particularly with riding fix and upward pull forces.

If all else fails i’m going to buy a new set of XT or XTR spds.

Thanks guys!

yo, brendan. I did a search. The last talk about pedals in particular with Clipless pedals was feb 2010. If everyone needs to search and find info about topics over a year ago whats the point of a forum? I’ve done a google search, i’ve been on other bike forums.

i found this

But none of the threads work.

But anyway - if anyone wants to say a thing or 2 go for it.

[QUOTE=brendan;318033][/QUOTE]

+1. Possible search “time atac”

Hey should this thread be renamed: “A place for noobs to post questions that have been answered many times already, and for other users to then quite rightly chastise them for doing so.” ?

:rolleyes:

I’ve had experience with eggbeaters, don’t go for the cheap models they don’t last. The superior models I’ve had no probs with.

that’s interesting. i did a cursory search and found these:

http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/t12834/

http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/t11644/

both of which seemed quite helpful.

just have a fed section =]

^ i thought this is that section?

Kind of thought it was too. Thanks for showing the light guys. much appreciated. ordered some time ATACs just now.

they are very good pedals.

any one know where i can get some SAGlife straps? cheers

Click Here

4th on the list

Are Brown Jersey bikes any good for noobs or are they just junk?

looks like the same stuff everyone else is selling for that price.

Yes there is a couple, but can’t find any reviews. So does anyone have an opinion or any knowledge on them.?

look at the bikes that have been recommended. if your particular brand is not mentioned, it has not been recommended.

I used atacs for the street and even with the tension to the max I still found myself unclipping occasionally when skidding, and after time (a year of commuting and other rides) everything started to fall apart in one pedal, I’ve changed to the cheaper alliums and never have unclipping problems anymore. But other people seem to hold them in high regards so maybe I was just unlucky.